Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

What Spanish TV/movies to watch?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 14, 2011, 09:15 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
brimby is on a distinguished road
What Spanish TV/movies to watch?

I have been learning Spanish with Rosetta Stone, and it's working out well, but I feel like its weakest aspect is in learning to hear Spanish. I think this is probably the hardest part of language learning in general. Anyway, I realize that actually speaking Spanish with people is the quickest way to learn, but short of that, maybe watching TV would be second place?

So here is my question: what TV shows or movies should I watch in Spanish to help me hear and understand Spanish better? I don't want to watch something that is meant to be educational; I want something that is more true-to-life. Also, it should probably be something not so edgy, with a low amount of slang. I'm picturing a lame 90's family sitcom or something. Anything that deals with everyday situations (ie mundane) but that is also entertaining.

Any suggestions will help! Thanks.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: