Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

I need a little help

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old January 25, 2019, 10:20 PM
Opal

Diego316 is on a distinguished road
Post I need a little help

Hello. I would like that someone could correct me. As a way of practice English I'm translating some short and random texts from electronic newspapers. I appreciate all the corrections and advice. Thank you.

They refused to vaccinate their newborn son and the Justice obligated them: "its consequences affect third parties", says the verdict.
Under the argument of supposed side effects on the baby's health that included the "danger of sudden death", a couple opposed to the application of the vaccines against the Hepatitis B and the BCG to the minor. It was disposed "the compulsive vaccination of the baby".
(Source: infobae)

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 26, 2019, 12:26 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the forums.

I've included corrections and alternate wording below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego316 View Post
Hello. I would like that someone to correct me. As a way of practicing English, I'm translating some short and random texts from electronic newspapers. I appreciate all the corrections and advice. Thank you.

They refused to vaccinate their newborn son and the judge obligated them: "Its consequences affect third parties", says the verdict.
Under the argument of supposed side effects to the baby's health, that included the "danger of sudden death", the couple was opposed to the vaccination against [s]the[/] Hepatitis B and the tuberculosis for the minor. It was debated/argued/labeled as "the compulsive vaccination of the baby".
(Source: infobae)
I wasn't able to compare what you wrote with the source, so had to guess at a few things (in purple).
If you provide the source text, it would make things more easy.
Old January 26, 2019, 09:37 AM
Opal

Diego316 is on a distinguished road
@Rusty
Thank you very much for the welcome and all the corrections

From now on, I'm going to include the original text at the end of my posts. Again, thank you very much.

By the way, this is the original text from where I translated.

[Se negaban a vacunar a su hijo recién nacido y la Justicia los obligó: "sus consecuencias afectan a terceros", dice el fallo.
Bajo el argumento de supuestos efectos secundarios sobre la salud del bebé que incluían el "peligro de muerte súbita", una pareja se oponía a la aplicación de las vacunas contra la hepatitis B y la BCG al menor. Se dispuso "la vacunación compulsiva del bebé".]
Old January 26, 2019, 08:32 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
You're welcome.

peligro de muerte súbita (del lactante) = SMSL = SIDS, in English (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)

Tags
self-study

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: