Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Could someone help me translate this text to spanish

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old September 22, 2016, 01:53 PM
Opal

espanolelev is on a distinguished road
Could someone help me translate this text to spanish

Im writing sort of a short story and i am stuck on the end. Im not sure how to type this so im turning to any of you guys if you could be kind enough and translate this piece of text!

Hello, my name is *** and I got some bad news regarding your son Miguel. I'm terribly sorry but Miguel is dead. He followed two older boys in to the Zone and they encountered an older lady in her home when they were taking her things. Miguel knocked her unconscious but one of the older guys decided to killed her. The two older guys got killed by the citizens inside the zone and then Miguel got the blame for the murder and was on the run, captured inside the zone. I let him hide in my basement since everyone was searching for him. I came down with food as often as I could and meanwhile I learned to know Miguel. He seemed to be a good person and an innocent one. My father and his friends found Miguel while he was trying to escape with a car that was heading out from the zone but they wouldn't let him in. A chase began and Miguel has to run for his life. He got surrounded by a group of people and he held a gun in his hands. He didn't shoot anyone but people assumed he would and tackled him doen. Then they proceeded to beat him to Death. I know Miguel was innocent and i know you weed looking for him and I'm sorry that I couldn't be of any more help to you and Miguel's girlfriend. I wish I could've helped him escaped but I never got the chance of doing so since my father was one of the people who was looking for him. I'm not sure what to type so I'll just end it with by saying that I'm incredibly sorry.
Old September 22, 2016, 02:43 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums, please note that we don't provide free translation services, so if you are learning Spanish, please post your own proposal and we will help you with hints for improvement and explanations if needed.
Old September 22, 2016, 03:25 PM
Opal

espanolelev is on a distinguished road
Here is my try

Hola, mi nombre es *** y tengo algunas malas noticias sobre su hijo Miguel. Lo siento mucho, pero Miguel está muerto. Siguió a dos niños mayores en la zona y se encontraron con una señora mayor en su casa cuando estaban tomando sus cosas. Miguel golpeó inconsciente pero uno de los chicos mayores la mató, después los dos chicos mayores murieron y Miguel tiene la culpa y fue a la carrera dentro de la zona. Dejé que se esconden en mi sótano puesto que todo el mundo le estaba buscando. Llegué con la comida tan a menudo como pude y mientras tanto aprendí a saber a Miguel. Parecía ser una buena persona y un inocente. Mi padre y sus amigos encuentran Miguel mientras intentaba escapar con un coche que se dirigía hacia fuera de la zona pero no lo dejan. Comenzó una persecución y Miguel tiene que correr por su vida. Él consiguió rodeado por un grupo de personas y ocupó una pistola en sus manos. No disparar a nadie pero gente asume él y aborda lo doen. Entonces procedieron a golpearlo hasta la muerte. Sé que Miguel era inocente y sabe usted de malas hierbas en busca de él y siento que no podía ser de más ayuda para usted y la novia de Miguel. Ojalá podría han ayudado le escapó pero nunca tuve la oportunidad de hacerlo ya que mi padre fue una de las personas que él buscaba. No estoy seguro qué tipo tan sólo con terminará diciendo que siento increíblemente.
Old September 23, 2016, 12:18 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Although this looks like the kind of wrong thing that comes out from a machine translator, here are some suggestions for improvement. Ask questions if you find them difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espanolelev View Post
Miguel golpeó inconsciente (You need to put her in the sentence, so your reader will know what or whom was hit by Miguel) pero uno de los chicos mayores la mató, después los dos chicos mayores murieron y Miguel tiene la culpa y fue a la carrera (Try rewording; this says that either he attended a running competition or that he was in a hurry) dentro de la zona. Dejé que se esconden (Wrong conjugation; you need the past subjunctive, and "esconden" talks about several people but you're talking about just one person) en mi sótano puesto que todo el mundo le estaba buscando. Llegué con la comida (Get rid of the article; if you say "la comida", then your reader already knows what food you brought) tan a menudo como pude y mientras tanto aprendí a saber (Wrong translation; check your dictionary) a Miguel. Parecía ser una buena persona y un inocente (Get rid of the article). Mi padre y sus amigos encuentran (You're telling a story in the past; this is present) Miguel mientras intentaba escapar con un coche que se dirigía (You're saying that the car was autonomously going to the exit and Miguel jumped in; try rewording so he's actually driving it) hacia fuera de la zona pero no lo dejan (This is present, but your story is in the past). Comenzó una persecución y Miguel tiene (Past) que correr por su vida. Él consiguió rodeado ("Get" here is used as an auxiliary verb that cannot be literally translated in Spanish. Use a single verb or passive voice for this) por un grupo de personas y ocupó (Wrong verb, check your dictionary. "Ocupar" means to use or occupy) una pistola en sus manos. No disparar (Conjugate) a nadie pero gente asume él y aborda lo doen (Please reword; this doesn't make sense). Entonces procedieron a golpearlo hasta la muerte. Sé que Miguel era inocente y sabe usted de malas hierbas en busca de él (Rewording needed. Check your dictionary) y siento que no podía (Use the subjunctive) ser de más ayuda para usted y la novia de Miguel. Ojalá podría han ayudado le escapó (Rewording needed) pero nunca tuve la oportunidad de hacerlo ya que mi padre fue una de las personas que él buscaba (This is saying the contrary of what you mean. Make "mi padre" the subject of the sentence, not Miguel). No estoy seguro qué tipo tan sólo con terminará diciendo que siento increíblemente (Rewording needed).

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: