Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

Planning for the trip

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old March 22, 2009, 06:05 AM
Ruby

DeterminadoAprender is on a distinguished road
Planning for the trip

Tenemos que programar/planear los lugares que queremos visitar y las actividades a hacer/(queremos hacer) antes de ir a España.

Quote:
We have to plan the places we want to visit and the activities we do before going to Spain.
Which of the words bolded is better to use? Or are there other better words to replace them?

Prefiero que nos quedemos en Barcelona porque podremos ver muchos edificios históricos y asistir a los espectáculos del Festival del Grec y del Sónar.

Quote:
I prefer that we stay in Barcelona because we can see a lot of historical buildings and attend the Grec Festival and Solar Festival.
I'm unsure whether or not I've wrote the festivals correctly in Spanish.

Depositaremos dinero extra al banco y lo ahorraremos para otro divertido viaje.

Quote:
We will deposit the extra money and save it for another enjoyable trip.
Should I include the noun "bank"? ...I think it's implied because usually people associate "deposit" and "save" with banks.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 22, 2009, 06:16 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminadoAprender View Post
Tenemos que programar/planear los lugares que queremos visitar y las actividades a hacer/(queremos hacer) antes de ir a España.

Quote:
We have to plan the places we want to visit and the activities we will do before going to Spain.
or
Quote:
We have to plan the places we want to visit and the activities to do before going to Spain.
Which of the words bolded is better to use? Or are there other better words to replace them?

Prefiero que nos quedemos en Barcelona porque podremos ver muchos edificios históricos y asistir a los espectáculos de los Festivales del Grec y del Sónar.

I'm unsure whether or not I've wrote the festivals correctly in Spanish.

Depositaremos dinero extra en el banco y lo ahorraremos para otro divertido viaje.

Should I include the noun "bank"? ...I think it's implied because usually people associate "deposit" and "save" with banks.
Mi triste aporte. :-)

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: