Old January 27, 2016, 09:59 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
troglodyte is on a distinguished road
A new newbie!

Buenas diás, todos.

Soy Geller de Memphis, TN. He estado usando "Pimsleur's Approach" para comenzar aprender español. Me gusta mucho! Desde hace unas semanas estaba leyendo noticias de BBC Mundo, y viendo "Destinos". Desafortunadamente, no tengo la oportunidad de hablar. No conozco a nadie quien sabe Español. Además, quiero practicar deletreando.

OK, I've exhausted my ability to write in Spanish for the time being, poor as it may be. I'm originally from the Soviet Union, but moved to America at an early enough age to where I consider English my native tongue. I've always enjoyed learning new languages, but haven't had the opportunity to do so in quite some time - so Spanish seemed like the most useful language for me to attempt.

While Pimsleur Apporach is not without faults, I must say I find it to be very effective. I found it to be a great launching pad. Using nothing but the first 3 programs, I was able to get my spoken Spanish up to a level where I could branch out and start learning on my own. After only a few months I'm able to get the gist of what's being discussed on the only Spanish radio-station we have, and as mentioned above, I can kinda-sorta make my way through news articles. Have to look up a lot of words, of course, and still aspiring to get the gist, not the details.

Of course, now is the beginning of the hard part. Learning vocabulary, back-filling what I learned to say with the understanding of grammar behind it.

Well... I've rambled enough for now. Looking forward to learning with and from everybody here!

¡Hasta luego!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 27, 2016, 02:31 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
¡Bienvenido a los foros, Geller!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: