Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Swimming

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old August 04, 2013, 10:11 AM
Pearl

jellybabe is on a distinguished road
Smile Swimming

por favor corrigeme.

Es mejor si pueden aprender nadar en esta piscina porque no tienes que pagar pero con Lucas sabia que tenia que llevarlo a clases de natacion para quitar su miedo. Le daba mucho miedo hundirse y no le gustaba auga en sus ojos. Varias veces Dave y yo le decia "quitate los manguitos, puedes hacerlo" pero luego se hundia y nos decia "mentiras" y luego no nos hacia caso. A clases de natacion sabia si los demas estaba intentando nadar y un profesor le decia hacerlo, lo haria.

It is better if they canlearn to swim in this pool because then you don't have to pay, but I know with Lucas that I had to take him to swimming classes to take away his fear. He was scared of sinking and didn;t like water in his eyes. Varias times Dave and me said to him "take off your armbands, you can do it" but then he sank and said to us "Liars" and ignored us. At swimming classes I know if all the rest were trying to swim and a teacher said to him, to do it, he would.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 04, 2013, 11:32 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
There's an 'Accents' drop-down menu just above where you type that you can use to insert all the special characters needed while typing Spanish.

I marked mistakes and missing content -()- and I gave some hints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybabe View Post
por favor() (missing punctuation) corrige()me.

Es mejor si () (pronoun needed to make this sentence 'impersonal') pueden aprender () (preposition missing) nadar en esta piscina porque no () (pronoun needed to make this sentence 'impersonal') tienes ('impersonal' usage is written in the singular third person) que pagar() pero con Lucas () (provide the subject pronoun, since the verb ending is ambiguous) sabia que tenia que llevarlo a clases de natacion para quitar su miedo. Le daba mucho miedo hundirse y no le gustaba () (article missing) auga en sus ojos. Varias veces Dave y yo le decia() (wrong person) "quitate los manguitos, puedes hacerlo"() pero luego se hundia (wrong tense) y nos decia (wrong tense) "mentiras" (this means 'lies', which doesn't agree with the English version below) y luego no nos hacia (wrong tense) caso. A (wrong preposition, and an article is needed) clases de natacion () (provide the subject pronoun) sabia si los demas estaba() (watch agreement) intentando nadar y un profesor le decia hacerlo (use the subjunctive mood for the conjugated verb, because you're talking about a hypothetical situation, and then introduce a noun clause which also contains a verb conjugated in the subjunctive mood, because you're using a verb of volition - you'll be using the imperfect subjunctive tense for both verbs), lo haria.

It is better if they can learn to swim in this pool because then you don't have to pay, but I know with Lucas that I had to take him to swimming classes to take away his fear. He was scared of sinking and didn't like water in his eyes. Various times Dave and I said to him, "Take off your armbands. You can do it," but then he sank and said to us, "Liars," and ignored us. At swimming classes, I knew if all the rest were trying to swim and a teacher said to him, to do it, he would.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: