Old July 09, 2010, 12:38 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
WiFi Configuration

Hello.

This time, I need unit twelve office inside and outside of the city with wireless technology.

The trouble what I don't know what kind to equipment I need install for the unit the 12 office the office nearer is approximately five kilometers and the most afar is of fifty kilometer outside of the city.

There I don't know what kind to equipment I need for the configuration, I know what I need aerial bidirectional or peer to peer aerials together with switch.

I'm asking about the prices in a company here on Mexico, but really I don't know the kind of configuration, please if you have experience with the configuration of this kind of projects, then you give an great idea of as I should to start the project.

Thank you for your advance.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 09, 2010, 03:52 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Moved to "General Chat". The "Teaching & Learning => Technical Things" forum is for technical things related to teaching and learning Spanish.
Old July 10, 2010, 10:34 AM
Diamond

I can see it.

Thank you.
Old July 13, 2010, 11:44 AM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Tarential is on a distinguished road
When working with such long distances in Wifi (50km) you will need specific high gain directional antennas at each location and will probably have to use 802.11a (5 ghz) frequencies for less interference. You could purchase a proprietary point to multipoint long range wireless bridge for the central office and save creating one yourself with standard equipment.

I hope you are not intending to hook all of this up on your own. I've taken several different Cisco-certified networking courses (CCNA, CCNP, CWLF) and still I don't consider myself qualified to install commercial Wifi equipment. I'm certainly qualified to do site surveys, design the network, and suggest equipment but still not to set it up. Special technicians are required to do the job properly.

Really, I think if you're not sure which equipment you need to hook it up you should probably be having someone else do it. I don't say this out of malice, but because incorrectly configured / installed commercial wireless equipment can be dangerous (for example, one should never stand in front of a long range high gain antenna while it is transmitting).

Last edited by Tarential; July 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old July 17, 2010, 09:17 PM
Diamond

Yes don't worry I'll study the configuration, I believe that is obvious that anyone most are in front of the antenna when it's transmitting.

I asked you that because just I have a work related with the installation of a antenna in a city near of my city and well just I needed more information above as I should install the antenna, because it's not very required on my city.

However thank you very much for the advice.

Sincerely yours.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: