Old February 28, 2010, 01:11 PM
Opal

Liliacam is on a distinguished road
Unas frases

Necesito usar las palabras de vocabulario y traducir unas frases.

Por favor, corrijan los errores gramaticales.

1. "This weekend it's my father's turn to mow the lawn" (tocarse a...)

Yo tengo: Esta fin de semana, se toca a mi padre a cortar el césped.

2. "My mom asked me to help her carry the food into the house." (cargar)

Mi madre me pregunta que ayude a ella a cargar la comida en la casa

3. "I trust all my neighbors" (fiarse de)

Se fío de todos mis vecinos.

4. "When I hear an ambulance, I know I have to move to the side and let it pass." (hacerse a un lado)

Cuando oigo una ambulancia, yo sé que tengo que hacerme a un lado y permitirlo a pasar por delante a mí.

5. "As soon as I say goodbye to my friend, I will miss her." (despedirse a, echarle de menos)

Tan pronto como se despido a mi amiga, se echo de menos.

Gracias por su ayuda.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 28, 2010, 10:25 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliacam View Post
1. "This weekend it's my father's turn to mow the lawn" (tocarle a...)
Esta fin de semana, se toca a mi padre a cortar el césped.
2. "My mom asked me to help her carry the food into the house." (cargar)
Mi madre me pregunta que (missing something here) ayude a ella a cargar la comida en la casa.
3. "I trust all my neighbors" (fiarse de)
Se fío de todos mis vecinos.
4. "When I hear an ambulance, I know I have to move to the side and let it pass." (hacerse a un lado)
Cuando oigo una ambulancia, yo sé que tengo que hacerme a un lado y permitirlo a pasar por delante a mí.
5. "As soon as I say goodbye to my friend, I will miss her." (despedirse a, echarle de menos)
Tan pronto como se despido a mi amiga, se echo de menos.
In number 1, your book is incorrect. "Tocarle a" is the correct phrase, and it is best to memorize it as "tocarle a alguien." This form makes it clear that an indirect object (me, te, le, etc.) is required in the idiomatic expression (in other words, the verb is not pronominal). It should also help explain why I highlighted the underscored 'to'. That is NOT part of the phrase at all. The 'a' in the phrase simply introduces the indirect object (a mi padre). The other 'a' you added, before the gerund cortar, shouldn't be there.

In number 2, the correct verb needs to be used (your mom isn't asking a question, she's asking you to do something) and it needs conjugated in the correct tense (that's why I highlighted the English ending). When the correct tense is used, the subjunctive form will change. I also indicated that there is something missing in your sentence (hint: a ella clarifies the missing word).

In number 3, you need to match the pronoun to the English word I highlighted.

In number 4, the direct object pronoun needs to agree with the object it replaces.

In number 5, the first verb is pronominal (despedirse de). You need to match the pronoun to the English word I highlighted. The second verb uses an indirect object pronoun (echarle de menos). You need to choose the correct indirect object pronoun.

Tags
frases, vocabulario

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: