*paramount
*prattle
*rebut
*reprimand
*servitude
*slapdash
*stagnant
*succumb

Completing the Sentence - please check them.
1. No matte what make of automobile you have, it is o paramount importance that you learn to drive safely before you use it.
2. After the opposing speakers had bth presented their cases, they were allowed time to rebut each other's arguments.
3. The fact that you cannot control these small childre does not mean that they are incorrigible.
4. Mom and Dad said nothing when I failed the examination, but the disappointed looks on their faces hurt more than the most severe reprimand.
5. It is an unfortunate fact that the militant attitudes of Germany's kaiser and his saber-rattling cronies helped make World War I inevitable.
6. Fighting s considered such a(n) brazen violation of the rules of a game that the offending players are usually severely penalized.
7. Many people came to the New World after they had been sentenced to terms of penal servitude for crimes they had committed.
8. In large areas of the huge swamp, there were stagnant pools of water covered with unmoving masses of green slime.
9. "If you spent more time and effort on your essays, they would cease to be such slapdash affairs," my older sister wisely observed.
10. The helpful librarian did much to facilitate the research for my term paper.
11. The doctor warned relatives that if the patient's condition deteriorated any further, he would succumb to pneumonia.
12. It is a frightning fact of modern life that we nw possess the weaponry to annihlate not only our enemies but all humankind.
13. In guaranteeing the right to "due process of law", the Constitution protects Americans against arbitrary arrest an imprisonment
14. Even though the youngster did not actually steal he vehicle, he acted a one of the thief's accomplice.
15. The second book of he Old Testament is named for the story it recounts of the exodus of the Israelites from the land of Egypt.
16. Her friends call her "Motormouth" because she has a remarkable capacity to prattle on endlessly about the most trivial matters.
17. If we are going to use this space as a darkroom for photography, we mst have a completely opaque covering over the window.
18. Though they had been there all along, Grandma Moses did not discover her latent artistic tlents until well into her seventies.
19. When he was suddenly deprived of everything he valued in life, the poor man became extremely gloomy and morose.
20. In certain industrial processes, catalyst speed up the desired reaction by lessening the amount of energy needed to produce it.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 03, 2008, 07:31 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
You chose all the right words.
There were typos here and there, but I'm sure your homework doesn't have them if you were just underlining the correct vocabulary word in each sentence.
Old December 03, 2008, 07:36 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
yeah the typos were there because I must've typed too fast. Sometimes I press a letter on my keyboard and it doesn't come out.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: