Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > The Tomísimo Lounge > General Chat

Hello !! Could someone help me to answer a interview in english ?? (native english)

Talk about anything here, just keep it clean.

Old December 07, 2010, 10:13 AM
Opal

Native Language: español
Sandra is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Hello !! Could someone help me to answer a interview in english ?? (native english)

Hello !!! I'm spanish and I'm looking for some native english speakers, I must finish a work, I have written an interview (nothing special) and with the answers I will finish my work writing a report speech, but first I need to find a native that doesn't mind answering my questions, If someone can help me !! I'm quite desperate the answers can be short and invented, It really doesn't matter, I only need to have the interview to start my report speech.

Thank you so much in advance !!
Sandra

Last edited by Sandra; December 07, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 07, 2010, 12:44 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Hello and welcome. I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Do you want us to correct you list of questions? Do you want us to invent answers for them?
Old December 07, 2010, 01:00 PM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
Hello and welcome. I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Do you want us to correct you list of questions? Do you want us to invent answers for them?
The list of questions was corrected by my teacher (then I suppose that don't contain any error), my teacher told us to make an interview and then to find some native english speaker ready to answer our questions, to make later a report speech, but If nobody can help me I will need to answer the questions by myself and find someone that can correct them.

Maybe is to much to ask, I will invent the questions, and hope that some native help me to correct the answers.
But the answers must be 100% correct as if a native english speakers answered them Can anyone correct me the answers, please ?? thanks !!

- Where are you from ?
I’m from Virginia, America
- Do you love to travel ?
Yes, I really enjoy traveling a lot, specially with my friends or my family. It’s interesting to visit new countries and make new friends from all over the world.
- Which countries have you visited until now ?
Spain, Mexico, Puerto Rico, France and Australia
- Which ones were your favourite countries ?
Mexico, it’s really a really amazing country, impressed me.
- Did you experienced any problems with culture shock in any country ? If you experienced any trouble, what was it?
Not at all, we enjoyed our time in each travel.
- What are the activities that you usually do when you travel ? (visit museum, parks, beach, tour guide in the city, etc..)
When I travel I really like to visit museums, visit the most interesting places, I like to took photos of the most beautiful gardens or buildings, I specially liked the beaches of Puerto Rico, the water was incredibly crystalline.
- What do you prefer, cold or warm weather ?
Hot weather without any doubt, I like to enjoy a a sunshine day.
- Do you like the beach and sunbathing or maybe you prefer a cold weather, making a picnic and visiting rural places ?
I like both, specially if the beach is like the ones that you can find in Puerto Rico.
- How many languages do you speak ?
English and I’m learning Spanish
- Do you like learning other languages ?
Yes, but it’s quite hard and you must read a lot and be very tenacious
- Do you travel alone or you like to traveling with a companion ?
I love to travel with my friends, I will not enjoy a trip as much if I travel alone.
- Do you live in your home town or you are living in another country ?
At the moment, I’m living in Spain, I’m planing to remain here for some years.
- How much time did you need to adapt to the customs of the new country where you are living ?
Didn’t suppose me a big change, the main problem was to learn a new language.
- Did you find it easy to meet new friends in other countries ?
Yes, people is usually very kind and friendly, I did not have any problem. I’m also very sociable and cheerful.
- Which was the most impactant dish that you have eaten ? Do you remember the name of the dish ? Can you tell me more or less how it was made ?
I remember that I tasted a really disgusting dish called “callos”, was made of beef tripes and cow’s nose. The dish was tasty anyway.
- What do you think of this country ?
It has a wonderful new culture to get to grips with, tasty food, the Spanish love of outdoor life, Spanish film, fine wine, fine ham and friendly people.
- Do you like the weather in Spain ?
Yes, it’s hot and very agreable at summer and not very cold in winter
- Is there any dish that you find really tasty here ?
Yes, I really enjoy spanish food, I specially like Pisto, Torrijas and Gazpacho among others.
- Was it easy for you to make friends here ?
Yes, I have made a lot of driends, and now my skills in spanish are better.

Last edited by Sandra; December 07, 2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old December 07, 2010, 02:27 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
- Which was the most impactant dish that you have eaten ? .
OK - I'll look very carefully at the list tomorrow - I have to go now. Just one point - impactant is not an English word.
Old December 07, 2010, 02:45 PM
Opal

Quote:
OK - I'll look very carefully at the list tomorrow - I have to go now. Just one point - impactant is not an English word.
Thanks for let me know !!!!! the correct word is maybe "shocking" ??
Thank you so much for your help !!! *hugs*
Old December 07, 2010, 04:42 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
It may be your style, but a question mark is not preceded by a space.
- Where are you from ?
I’m from Virginia, in America. ('in the United States' might be said instead)
Yes, I really enjoy traveling a lot, especially with my friends or my family. It’s interesting to visit new countries and make new friends from all over the world.
- Which countries have you visited so far?
- Which ones were your favourites?
Mexico, it’s really an really amazing country. It impressed me.
- Did you experienced any problems with culture shock in any country ? If you experienced any trouble, what was it?
Not at all, we enjoyed our time in each trip.
- What are the activities that you usually do when you travel ? (visit museum, parks, beach, tour guide in the city, etc..)
When I travel I really like to visit museums. I try to visit the most interesting places. I like to take photos of the most beautiful gardens or buildings. I especially liked the beaches of Puerto Rico; the water was incredibly crystalline (crystal clear).
Hot weather without any doubt. I like to enjoy a day of sunshine day. (I enjoy a sunshiny day.)
- Do you like the beach and sunbathing, or do you prefer a cold weather? Do you enjoy having a picnic and visiting rural places ?
I like both, especially if the beach is like the ones that you can find in Puerto Rico.
English, and I’m learning Spanish.
Yes, but it’s quite hard and you must read a lot and be very tenacious. (dedicated)
- Do you travel alone or do you like to traveling with a companion ?
I love to travel with my friends. I will not enjoy a trip as much if I travel alone.
- Do you live in your home town or are you are living in another country ?
At the moment, I’m living in Spain. I’m planning to remain here for some time. (many years)
- How much time did you need to adapt to the customs of the new country where you are living ?
It wasn't a big change. The main problem was to learn a new language.
Yes, people are usually very kind and friendly. I did not have any problems. I’m also very sociable and cheerful.
- What was the most shocking/absurd/disturbing dish that you have eaten ? Do you remember the name of the dish ? Can you tell me more or less how it was made ?
I remember that I tasted a really disgusting dish called “callos”, was made of beef tripes and cow’s nose. The dish was tasty anyway.
It has a wonderful new culture to get to know. The tasty Spanish food, their love of the outdoors, Spanish films, fine wine, fine ham and friendly people.
Yes, it’s warm and very agreeable in the summer and not very cold in the winter.
Yes, I really enjoy Spanish food. I especially like Pisto, Torrijas and Gazpacho, among others.
Yes, I have made a lot of friends, and now my skills in Spanish are better.
Corrections/suggestions above.
Old December 07, 2010, 05:37 PM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Awaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The list of questions was corrected by my teacher (then I suppose that they don't contain any errors), my teacher told us to make an interview and then to find some native english speaker ready to answer our questions, to make later then make a report speech(what is a report speech? do you just mean speech?), but If nobody can help me I will need to answer the questions by myself and find someone that can correct them.

Note: What do you mean when you say "a report speech"?

Maybe it is too much to ask, I will invent the questions, and hope that some native speaker helps me to correct the answers.
But the answers must be 100% correct as if a native english speakers answered them Can anyone correct me the answers, please ?? thanks !!

- Where are you from ?
I’m from Virginia, America
Better - "I am from Tampa, Florida of the United States of America." In the US, we usually say City, State. If needs be, we add the country.
Yes, I really enjoy traveling a lot, especially with my friends or my family. It’s interesting to visit new countries and make new friends from all over the world.
- Which countries have you visited until now ?
- Which ones were your favourite countries ?
Mexico,. iIt’s really an really amazing country., impressed me.
Not at all, we enjoyed our time in each travel country.
When I travel, I really like to visit museums and visit the othermost interesting places, I like to tooktake photos of the most beautiful gardens or buildings., I especially liked the beaches of Puerto Rico, where the water was incredibly clear crystalline.
Hot weather without any doubt, I like to enjoy a a sunshinesunny day.
- Do you like the beach and sunbathing or maybe you prefer a cold weather, making a picnic and visiting rural places ?
I like both, specially if the beach is like the ones that you can find in Puerto Rico.
English and I’m learning Spanish
Yes, but it’s quite hard and you must read a lot and be very tenacious
- Do you travel alone or you like to traveling with a companion ?
I love to travel with my friends, I will not enjoy a trip as much if I travel alone.
- Do you live in your home town or you are living in another country ?
At the moment, I’m living in Spain, I’m planing to remain here for some years.
Didn’t suppose me a big change, the main problem was to learn a new language.
Yes, people is usually very kind and friendly, I did not have any problem. I’m also very sociable and cheerful.
- Which was the most impactant dish that you have eaten ? Do you remember the name of the dish ? Can you tell me more or less how it was made ?
It has a wonderful new culture to get to grips with, tasty food, the Spanish love of outdoor life, Spanish film, fine wine, fine ham and friendly people.
Yes, it’s hot and very agreable at summer and not very cold in winter
Yes, I really enjoy spanish food, I specially like Pisto, Torrijas and Gazpacho among others.
Yes, I have made a lot of driends, and now my skills in spanish are better.
I made some corrections above. Items in red and crossed out are for removal. Items in green I added. The green doesn't show up too well, so look closely for those items. Items in purple/violet are notes. I ran out of time making the corrections to yours, but I will come back later and answer your questions as myself. That should be faster, but I still wanted to help you with your English.
Old December 07, 2010, 07:30 PM
Ruby

Jferstler is on a distinguished road
I'm a native english speaker. But I see some others have already got to this. If you need anymore help just let me know!
Old December 08, 2010, 02:39 AM
Diamond

I see others have got there first. Fire away with other questions.
Old December 08, 2010, 03:41 AM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Corrections/suggestions above.
Thank you so much !!!!!!!!
Yes, you are right, I have this bad habit, I will delete all spaces, thanks for remind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I made some corrections above. Items in red and crossed out are for removal. Items in green I added. The green doesn't show up too well, so look closely for those items. Items in purple/violet are notes. I ran out of time making the corrections to yours, but I will come back later and answer your questions as myself. That should be faster, but I still wanted to help you with your English.
Thank you so much to you too !!! well, that was the idea of the teacher to find some native english speaker ready to answer the questions, but I found that I will go faster if I write the answers and someone help me to correct them hehehe but if you can answer my interview would be great !! Thank you so much !!

About the Report speech
for example:

He said: "It's cold".
He said it was cold

I need to do the Indirect speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferstler View Post
I'm a native english speaker. But I see some others have already got to this. If you need anymore help just let me know!
Thank you so much anyway

Quote:
I see others have got there first. Fire away with other questions.
hehe yes, people was fast, thank you so much for your help anyway

Thank you so much all !!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: