Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Spanish books with English translations

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old December 27, 2013, 05:32 AM
Opal

Ksieluk is on a distinguished road
Spanish books with English translations

Hi guys,

Do you happen to know where i can find books in Spanish with English translations? Can you recommend some publisher or online store?

To be more specific I'm looking for books where there is one page in Spanish and the other is in English ,or at least some more 'difficult' Spanish words are translated.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 27, 2013, 07:24 AM
Ruby

Mozzo is on a distinguished road
If you don't get any referrals, consider sticking to widely read stories by famous authors. You can probably find paperback English versions inexpensively in a used bookstore or for pennies on Amazon. (Or just check them out for free from your local library, if you don't want to keep a copy of the English versions.)

I'm at a beginner level but been employing that technique with Aesop's fables and old tales like Snow White, Goldilocks, etc. It's easier to infer the meaning of a new word if you already know the plot and the characters.

Last edited by Mozzo; December 27, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old December 27, 2013, 11:21 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
SteveB is on a distinguished road
My mrs got me 2 dual language books for xmas with one page spanish and the english translation opposite. I have only had the chance for a quick look but they both look good.
She got them from Amazon
Old January 05, 2014, 02:53 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
Jonathan D. is on a distinguished road
En español:
Yo tengo una biblia bilingüe por Editorial Vida disponible a http://www.editorialvida.com/ . Aunque el lenguaje me parece un poco antiguo y un poco difícil de entender, hay un motón de cuentos y texto para leer (cada página tiene una columna en español y otra en inglés).

También, las serias de Harry Potter, Las Crónicas de Narnia, y Eragon por Christopher Paolini van tener libros en inglés y español. A demás, estos libros son disponibles como audiolibros en inglés y español para escuchar (busca “Fono Libro”).

In English:
I have a bilingual bible by Editorial Vída that is available at http://www.editorialvida.com/. Even though sometimes the language seems outdated, and a little difficult to understand, there is a ton of content to read (each page has a column in English and in Spanish).

Also, the Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and Eragon by Christopher Paolini are going to have books in English and Spanish. These books are even available in audio books so you can listen to them (look up “Fono Libro”)!

Last edited by Jonathan D.; January 05, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: