Old June 14, 2015, 01:54 PM
Opal

shushu is on a distinguished road
Post Oral project

Hola!

I am doing my oral final for Spanish and I am recording a subjunctive conversation with my brother giving tips. I want to know if I am doing this correctly. I need to add more, but I want to make sure I am doing this right! Is this correct?

1.los primeros y más importantes consejos es que las clases en el idioma requieren más trabajo , así que tú preparares (pre-per-As) se requerirá mucho más tiempo.

2. recomiendo que hablares en la lengua y vieres españoles dibujos animados para niños

3. te aconsejes que tomares clases con tus amigos, así que usted práctica pudieres conversares en la lengua

Thanks for your help!!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 14, 2015, 03:48 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
No, none of those are correct.

All of the conjugations you used are in the future subjunctive, which is no longer used in daily speech, and the future tense was unwarranted to begin with.
Nowadays, the future tense in a subjunctive clause is communicated using the present tense.

If the verb in the main clause is present tense or future tense, the present subjunctive is used in the subjunctive clause.

All sentences should begin with a capital letter and end with a period/full stop.
The subject in the main clause of your first sentence is plural, but the verb doesn't agree in number. It would work better if the subject were singular, in my opinion.
The rest of the sentence doesn't make much sense.

The second sentence has a good start. The verb is in the present tense and is one of the verbs that requires a subjunctive clause. Since the verb in the main clause is in the present tense, you need to use the present tense in the subjunctive clause. The phrasing after 'see' is close, but isn't correct as written.

The verb in the third sentence is in the present tense, but is conjugated in the wrong person (it should be first person). Again, the present tense is required in the subjunctive clause. The idea of 'so that' is not translated 'así que'. That means 'so'. I'm not exactly what you wanted the rest of the sentence to mean, but you never conjugate a verb that follows a conjugated form of 'poder' and you can't use 'te' in the main clause and 'usted' in the subjunctive clause. Those are different persons.

As a general rule, 'idioma' should be used instead of 'lengua' when speaking about learning a language.

Last edited by Rusty; June 14, 2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old June 14, 2015, 06:42 PM
Opal

Thank you so much for your feedback Rusty. I really appreciate it! I will work on them some more.
Old June 15, 2015, 01:32 PM
Opal

Post Still working on Spanish Oral Final

I am doing my oral final for Spanish and I am recording a subjunctive conversation with my brother giving tips. I want to know if I am doing this correctly. I need to add more, but I want to make sure I am doing this right! Is this correct?

1.Te aconsejo que importante las clases en el idioma requieren más tiempo.

2. Recomiendo que hable en el idioma con hablantes nativos.

3. te aconseje que tome clases con tus amigos, para que pudieres práctica conversar en el idioma.

4. Vea español caricatura y lea los libros para niños .. (or would it be caricatura el español? )

5. Es mejor que haga español una parte de su rutina como lea las noticias en español todos los días.

Last edited by shushu; June 15, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old June 15, 2015, 03:23 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Good work. There are still some things to improve. I'll start by marking conjugation mistakes in blue.

Quote:
1.Te aconsejo que importante las clases en el idioma requieren más tiempo.

2. Recomiendo que hable (If you use "tú" for the first sentence, you must use it for all the others) en el idioma con hablantes nativos.

3. te (All new sentences start with a capital letter) aconseje (Wrong person) que tome clases con tus amigos, para que pudieres práctica conversar en el idioma.

4. Vea español caricatura y lea los libros para niños .. (or would it be caricatura el español? )

5. Es mejor que haga español una parte de su (Check first note) rutina como lea las noticias en español todos los días.
Old June 15, 2015, 05:04 PM
Opal

Thank you so much for your feedback! This helped a lot!

Tags
exam, final

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: