Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture

Cómo era la vida en los 90 para usted?

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old May 11, 2011, 05:53 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Then again there's that tango song "Cambalache" that states that when it comes down to it, nothing ever really changes. It's the same old dirty business in the year 1000 as in the year 2000.

So Howe and Strauss confirms what I think about contemporary American
mores. That's interesting. I haven't read any sociology since "BoBos in Paradise" which was fun, but only makes sense in a small percentage of the population.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 11, 2011, 06:48 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Those who live under the shade of an "Anglo-Saxon" culture could try something outside that sphere -pretty much the way most of mankind does- and read Lipovetsky's "L'Empire de l'éphémère" -horribly translated into "The Empire of Fashion" and listed under fashion in Amazon- in order to understand how modern societies work (just by reading the last chapter, chapter VIII, some 15-20 pages), or reading "Il paradosso di Icaro" by Pietro Pini -or any short version by the author or others- to understand how individuals face double standards posed by productive technology and lazy consumerism, then becoming socially numbed. All these being 25-30 years old, telling that there's little that is new but many that are new to it.
Old May 20, 2011, 03:40 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Castillan spanish
explorator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
Sí sí, Howe y Strauss han escribido un libro sobre este tema. La generación actual de chicos son "civicos" y "adapticos". Sus ideas son igual de los parientes. Pero los hijos de estas personass en la futura devienen como antes = dierente de sus parientes y un nuevo gap generacional formará.
Sí, sí, Howe y Strauss han escrito (es un participio pasado irregular) un libro sobre este tema. Los chicos de la generación actual son "cívicos" y se han "acomodado". Sus ideas son las mismas que las de sus padres. Pero, en el futuro, los hijos de estas personas volverán a ser como antes, esto es,opuestos a sus padres y se abrirá una nueva brecha generacional.
Old May 24, 2011, 09:03 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I think that the life in the 80's was more healthy that now, still I remember those days when I can go with my parents to anywhere where solely I was a child when only I like me the video games the old video games, at least where I live currently the life was a little less stressing than now.

How did you was in the 80's years?
Old May 24, 2011, 11:07 AM
Emerald

Caballero is on a distinguished road
Me gusta a ver viejas películas. Los 80 me parece extraño, especialmente los estilos y como la gente eran. No hay tecnología en los 80. Los PC eran muy primativos, por ejemplo.
Old May 26, 2011, 09:28 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Me gusta a ver viejas películas. Los 80 me parece extraño, especialmente los estilos y como la gente eran. No hay tecnología en los 80. Los PC eran muy primativos, por ejemplo.
The computer used the MS-DOS system operative.
The people written in one black screen where sole you can watch your green letters.

Also I have a doubt about the movies, when they need to make some special effect in the movies for example in the movie of the back of the future, if you have watched that movie in a part when the cars turned on crash with the train and you could to watch one explosion.

How was made that visual effect?

If the technology was insufficient.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:38 AM
Emerald

Caballero is on a distinguished road
Supongo que era efectos especiales. No he visto "Back of the future" (¿Back to the future?) Pero computadores con DOS son muy primitivas.
Old May 28, 2011, 01:54 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Supongo que era efectos especiales. No he visto "Back of the future" (¿Back to the future?) Pero computadores con DOS son muy primitivas.
Yes they computers had a low level in the software for creates those special effects.
Old May 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
Ruby

emilwest is on a distinguished road
En los 90's jugaba en la calle con mis amigos, veía Pokémon, jugaba videojuegos y me pasaba muy bien. Recuerdo que no me gustaba (gustaban?) estudiar y hacer los deberes.
Old May 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
"Gustaba" is correct, Emil. The verbs here don't work as substantives, but real actions.
"Gustaban" would be fine for something like "no me gustaban los estudios ni los deberes".

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: