Old July 02, 2013, 01:57 PM
Ruby

tmember is on a distinguished road
Windows Parallel

I found a Spanish Course I want to use so I bought it...but I couldn't get the CD's in order to download the whole program because I use a Macbook Air and they make the Course only for Windows. So now I can only use the program Online and that doesn't work too well. Hence my question.

Believe it or not I considered buying a Windows Netbook just so I could use this Spanish program. Then all of a sudden I remembered that I can somehow "partition" my MB Air so it will run Windows. The best way to do this is to use the 'Virtualization' option, which will let me use both the Mac and Windows on my computer without having to reboot for whichever side I want to use.

So my question is this...does anyone here use the Virtualization part of their Mac computer and if so, does the 'Virtualization' slow it down much? Also, is it very costly?
Old February 15, 2014, 07:07 AM
Opal

jackhab is on a distinguished road
I never used virtualization on Mac but I'm familiar with this technology from Windows and Linux and it is normally far easier and more convenient that you'd imagine.

Virtualization allows you to run another operating system (including all it's applications) simply as another application inside your host (MacOS, in you case) system.

You will be able to use both MacOS and Windows applications simultaneously without rebooting into the required operating system as you'd have to do years ago.

Though I can't provide the exact details on how to install it, using this technology does not require too much technical skills.

Normally it does not slow you computer all, it just takes memory since you will be running two operating systems in parallel.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: