Old January 28, 2009, 06:59 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
And there you have it. I am officially a profesora.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Congratulation laepelda, you have made a great job writing that post, but as you know, you made it up some mistakes in your redaction then, now I haven't time, because I have just of arrived to my home and, really I'm very tired, but I want correct you now, maybe later, I will correct you perhaps tonight, please only I recommend something, you be patient with me, that prompt, you will watch your own post corrected.
Old January 29, 2009, 03:26 AM
Diamond

Thanks, Luis - whenever you have time!
Old January 29, 2009, 12:55 PM
Diamond

Yes, now I'm a course from my company and, I can't correct your post, but tonight I will try to do it.
Old January 29, 2009, 02:26 PM
Diamond

Native Language: English
Elaina will become famous soon enough
Hey Lou Ann:

Welcome. I have been away for a couple of weeks but I am BACK!!

It feels good to be back.

Veo que Rusty (Speedy) ya te ayudó en corregir tu introducción. Me dá mucho gusto conocerte y te doy la bienvenida!

Old January 29, 2009, 03:58 PM
Diamond

¡Muchas gracias, Elaina!
Old January 29, 2009, 09:23 PM
Diamond

Estoy usando este foro por unas semanas por ahora, pero no me he presentado todavía. Me llamo Lou Ann. Soy de Buffalo, New York (donde nieva mucho). Vivo en los suburbios de Washington, DC desde hace doce años. Soy maestra de matemáticas y álgebra.

Estudié español en la universidad hace veinte años. ¡Pero olvidé todo! El año pasado ayudé una organización local con un plan de una conferencia internacional. En la conferencia encontré a varias personas que tienen amigas cercanos. Una vive en Uruguay. Mi otra amiga es de Lima, Peru, pero vivia en Nueva York desde hace tres años. Ellas quisieran ofrecerse voluntariamente para trabajar en una conferencia en la Ciudad de México en mayo. Pero necesito aprender a hablar español antes de que vaya.

Ahora estoy utilizando una programa informático popular para aprender a hablar español. Pero siempre tengo algunas preguntas. Me gusta Tomísimo porque puedo hacer muchas, muchas preguntas, incluso preguntas básicas, y consigo respuestas maravillosas.

Utilicé Yahoo Babelfish para la ayuda con algunos palabras que traduci en este post, y para algunas de mis preguntas hechas en los foros. Espero pronto que pueda escribir sin usar el Babelfish.

Ahora necesito la mayoría de la ayuda con la construcción de mis oraciónes y tiempos verbales. Aprecio todas las sugerencias.

¡Gracias a todos!

As I said you before, tonight I had time for you, and I hope my hints being of your use while you can understand my corrections, if you need or you don't understand my corrections above this post, please you ask me the question although, I feel that my corrections are very easy to understand, then I don't believe, you have much problems in understand them.

bye.
Old January 30, 2009, 03:13 AM
Diamond

Thank you SO much, Crotalito! I will probably have some questions eventually. I want to print this all out over the weekend and examine it closely.
Old January 30, 2009, 01:43 PM
Diamond

You're welcome.
Old January 31, 2009, 01:32 PM
Diamond

Okay, I am going to ask my questions a few at a time. It's the only way I will be able to process the answers.

I'll start with looking at Rusty's version of my introduction.

- I have done some reading on "hace ... [tiempo] ... que", including a link that I found that you posted in a different thread, and I think that I'm good with that construction. One quick question, though. If the verb that follows "que" is present tense, then it indicates something that has been ongoing? Like "Hace unas semanas que uso este foro..." where "uso" is present tense, so my use of the forum has been ongoing for several weeks. Right? But later in that same first paragraph, it says "Hace veinte años que estudié español...", the verb estudié is past tense, therefore this is something that happened twenty years ago and is NOT ongoing. Right?

- In the first sentence, I wrote "pero no me presenté todavía" and you changed it to "pero todavía no me he presentado". I have two questions about that construction. First - is the "todavía" always at the beginning of the phrase where it's used? Second - what does the "he" signify? Is it "here"? Or is it a conjugated verb that goes with the "presentar" (does it mean something like "have")? If so, what is the infinitive of that verb? And is the infinitive of "presentado" actually "presentarse"? AND ... is it similar in use to what you said a couple sentences later when you change what I wrote to "pero se me ha olvidado todo".

- Finally (for now), in that last sentence to which I just referred ("pero se me ha ovidado todo"), why is there both a "se" and a "me"? Is that a unique thing with "ovidar"?

Thanks Rusty (and all) - I'll have more questions later.....

Tags
reflexive verbs

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: