Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Los idiomas inglés y español > La gramática
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

rr thingy

Éste es el lugar para preguntas sobre conjugaciones, tiempos verbales, adverbios, adjetivos, el orden de palabras, sintaxis y otras cuestiones gramaticales en español e inglés.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo March 10, 2007, 09:03 PM
fullbite fullbite no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: english
fullbite is on a distinguished road
I do believe that my toungue is to short and thick to make the "rr" sound. Ive been trying for a week now. I can make a sound like it with the back of my toungue, using the part of the tongue that touches the roof of your mouth while making the K sound, but I know that is wrong. Making the JR sound is easy enough at the begining of a word but is not very convincing at the end of a word.Ill keep trying but I dont believe the front of my tongue is going to flap.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 07, 2007, 01:56 PM
still-learning still-learning no está en línea
Opal

still-learning is on a distinguished road
RR

I am thinking along the lines of Fullbite. I recently had the operation for Sleep Apnea (UPPP) and they did something to my tounge that keeps it from falling back to my throat at night (and it makes swallowing a little different feeling).

Well because of my fat lazy tounge, I had been doing my RR more towards the back of my throat, like the other person said, Now since the operation, I am left with nothing to cheat with, hahah. I can't purr like a cat, growl like a dog, none of the ways I use to cheat work. The "J R" methods is working in the beggining of words. I can get 3 nice trill sounds out. But I can get that, RRRRRRRRRR sound that natives do for emphasis at the begginning of a word.

and the "JR" seems hard at the end of a word.

But Thanks this is a start. My spanish friends now laugh at me now, when i talk because they can see me stopping mid sentence when I get to a work with a RR in it, hahah.

But they understand, it's new people I am afraid to talk to now.

thanks
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo April 09, 2010, 08:21 PM
MadreDeLeila MadreDeLeila no está en línea
Opal

MadreDeLeila is on a distinguished road
RR

I know this post is very old, but I have a useful tip. Saying the word "ladder" several times in a row can help to achieve the trill of the rr's.

I hope this is helpful to someone.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 15, 2010, 06:04 PM
Feliz Feliz no está en línea
Ruby

Primera Lengua: American English
Feliz is on a distinguished road
Reply to Thread

I just came upon this interesting thread, and have read it all the way through. I read a lot of good advice here that I hadn't thought of before. I'd like to share with you how I overcame my inability to say the Spanish r. To do that, I have to thank my neighbor and his motorcycle. Almost every evening that he was a neighbor, he fine-tuned his motorcycle. What a racket! After a while, in frustration from the noise, I began to mimic the sound that I was hearing just to keep my cool and entertain myself at the same time. The sound that I made was: "rrrrumm, rrrrumm, rrrrumm." I trilled my tongue against my palate like the sound of that revving 2-cylinder motorcycle engine. When it came time to overcome my inability to trill the Spanish r, I remembered how that sound of the motorcycle was much like what I needed. So, now, instead of trying to trill the Spanish r, I trill the air-only sound of that motorcycle engine. When I'm saying Ricardo, for instance, the ear hears "r" but I'm not saying "r." The only actual letters of the alphabet that I'm speaking are i(e), c(k), a, d, and o. So, for me, there is no "r" in the "spoken" Spanish language when I'm trilling the Spanish r. There is just the fluttering of air that sounds like rr or rrrrrr to the ears. Gracias.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 19, 2011, 05:20 AM
elgrego elgrego no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English
elgrego is on a distinguished road
Makes me glad that I'm Scottish

People in Scotland have it easier when learning Spanish. We roll our "r's" and our vowel sounds are similar to that of Spanish
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo January 19, 2011, 05:27 AM
poli poli no está en línea
rule 1: gravity

poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Yes that's true. Being Scottish puts you at an advantage in the rr
department
Antiguo September 03, 2009, 11:03 PM
bobjenkins bobjenkins no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Encontré unos poemas para ayudarnos a pronunciar el RR

Erre con erre cigarro
Erre con erre barril
Rápido corren los carros
Los carros de ferrocarril

Y

El perro de San Roque no tiene rabo porque Ramón Rodríguez se lo ha cortado

Español  English 
 Aquí es mi consejo, para empezar, inhala una brizna grande, entonces exhala el aire rápidamente y con fuerte

Ya el parte divertido
Ahora al exhala así, sube la lengua lentamente hasta que empiece vibrar

Felicidades lo haces

Practica mucho, pero recuerda que tengas que exhalar rápidamente (y con fuerte) al empezar, entonces empieza exhalar más normal. Pronto lo pondrás hacer lentamente y sin esfuerza 
 Here is my advice, to start inhale a large breathe, then exhale quickly and strongly

While exhaling like that slowly move your tongue up to the roof of your mouth until it starts to vibrate

Now you have done it!

Practice it alot, but don't forget to exhale strongly and quickly when beginning. Slowly slow down your exhaling and soon you will be able to do it very easy 

Suerrrrrrrte
Antiguo October 29, 2009, 10:28 AM
ChicadeJeep ChicadeJeep no está en línea
Ruby

ChicadeJeep is on a distinguished road
Gracias por las instrución pero tengo una problema.

I am literally tongue tied. I have ankyloglossia - my frenulum forces my tongue to stay close to the bottom of my mouth. I cannot stick my tongue out. My trilled rr's sound like l's and I really have to force the sound of an r - when I speak it, it is hard to tell the different between pero and perro.

What can I do to make it sound more authentic?
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo October 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
irmamar irmamar no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Some Spanish speaker people have this problem as well. They usually pronounce a soft r or a French r. There's no problem if you can't say a strong r, everybody will understand you
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo October 29, 2009, 12:04 PM
ChicadeJeep ChicadeJeep no está en línea
Ruby

ChicadeJeep is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por irmamar Ver Mensaje
Some Spanish speaker people have this problem as well. They usually pronounce a soft r or a French r. There's no problem if you can't say a strong r, everybody will understand you
Thank you.

What is a "French r"?
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Etiquetas
pronunciation, r vs rr, rr

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación