Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

I'm an ME-TESL student and part of it I have to learn foreign language w/c is Spanish

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old February 19, 2008, 08:25 PM
Opal

Native Language: Tagalog and English
thebab is on a distinguished road
Smile I'm an ME-TESL student and part of it I have to learn foreign language w/c is Spanish

Please people, be so kind to help me. I have a very thick requirements on how to translate this spanish activity into english. And my deadline is on march 29' 08.

This is only the first part of it:

Hoy el profesor no toma un cuaderno en la clase spanish. Por que no toma el un cuaderno? Quein contesta? Un alumno o una alumna contesta. Que contesta el alumno? - Es el libro. No es el cuaderno. Yo no necesito cuaderno. Yo necesito un libro para estudiar la leccion.

En la clase de spanish nosotros no hablamos english. Nosotros halamos spanish. El alumno y alumna hablan spanish. El profesor pregunta en spanish. Nosotros contestamos en spanish. Nosotros no contestamos en english en la clase se spanish. Luis, contesta usted bien en la clase, si usted no estudia en casa? - No, senior, si yo no estudia alli, yo no contesta bien en la clase. Nosotros estudiamos mucho en casa para hablar bien en la clase. Luis y Felipe no contestan bien porque ellos no estudian la leccion. Ana y Maria estudian la leccion en casa. Contestan bien en la clase porque ellas no estudian en casa para contestar bien en la clase.

Hope anyone can translate this to me, this is only the first part. Thanks guys!!!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 20, 2008, 12:32 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Welcome,

We'll be more than happy to help you with your translation, as long as you're doing the translation. That means you should try to do the best you can on your own, and then if you have problem areas, ask for help with those areas.

Give it your best shot, post what you've done and we'll help you correct it.

David.
Old February 24, 2008, 08:19 AM
Filósofo y Poeta

Alfonso will become famous soon enough
I absolutely agree with Tomísimo. We shouldn't do your homework.

However, the text you have to translate into English is so unrealistic and antipedagogical that I encourage you to change your Spanish Academy for a better one with a comunicative method.

Excuse my poor English and feel free to correct it.
Old February 28, 2008, 12:22 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
de acuerdo con alfonso

é
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
I absolutely agree with Tomísimo. We shouldn't do your homework.

However, the text you have to translate into English is so unrealistic and antipedagogical that I encourage you to change your Spanish Academy for a better one with a comunicative method.

Excuse my poor English and feel free to correct it.
Alfonso,
Su inglés no es malo pero su uso de vocabulario es un poquito esotérico.
Recuerde que inglés es un compuesto de latín y idiomas relacionado a
alemán. Frecuentamente las palabras de origen latín tienen mas
silábulas y casi nadie las usan sino abogados y médicos que quieren
ser opaco a los demas. Por eso el uso el uso de la palabra «antipedagogical»auque sea correcto parece muy raro y «unscholarly» o «wrong» parece mejor. A lo mejor use «school» en lugar de «academy» y «teaching skills» en lugar de «communicative method»
Que suerte tiene ud. vivir en la bella ciudad de Madrid.

Espero que le ayudara en inglés. Mi español tambien es un poquito
torpe y si dijera algo incorrecto le invito corregirme.

Gracias,
Poli desde Nueva York
Old February 28, 2008, 06:35 PM
Filósofo y Poeta

Estimado Poli,

Thank you very much for your help and correction. I’ll try to give you a reply in the same way. Good spanish! And really clear. Anyway, I can see the lack of some articles and prepositions or a wrong use of them. You should say "del vocabulario"; "el inglés es un compuesto del latín y de idiomas relacionados con el alemán" (you can also say here "lenguas germánicas"). It’s important to remark that the verb "relacionar" goes with preposition "con". And "Qué suerte... de vivir..."

"casi nadie las usa" Remember that "nadie" is singular, as well as "alguien", "gente", etc.

"que quieren ser opacos a los demás". Instead of "ser", you can also use "resultar" or "parecer". You can use "opaco" for that meaning, but it’s more common to use "oscuro" in this context.

I’m not sure what you are meaning by "A lo mejor", maybe or better?

Anyway, I think it would be better to use "Mejor". "A lo mejor" is always "quizá", but I don’t think it’s very appropiate in this context.

Instead of "Espero que le ayudara en inglés": "Espero haberle ayudado (con su inglés)".

There are, as well, some spelling mistakes. Please, check these: Frecuentemente, sílabas.

I also miss some orthographic acents. Please, check them: más, demás, también, Qué suerte.

And, although some people use "ud." for "usted", the correct abbreviation is "vd.".

Maybe it seems to be a lot of mistakes, but they are not. The text is really clear and easily understood.

Have a nice day in NY.

Last edited by Alfonso; February 29, 2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Correction according to Poli
Old February 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Estimado Alfonso,

Gracias por su ayudo. Tengo que hablar español frecuentamente y casi nadie coje el tiempo de correjirme. Vd. contestó
todo bien, pero deletreó dos palabras incorrectamente:
appropriatte (which may have been a typo) is spelled appropriate.
Remarck is correctly spelled remark.
Comprehensible is a perfect word but easily understood is more easily understood. Excuse the pun.

Saludos

Poli

Last edited by poli; February 29, 2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old February 29, 2008, 08:32 AM
Filósofo y Poeta

Gracias, Poli, por sus correcciones. Las he introducido en el texto original para tratar de aprendérmelas. En cuanto a su texto, recuerde que ayuda es femenino; la expresión correcta es: tomarse el tiempo de... (en este caso, corregir).

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: