Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

No importa cuál sea mi nombre

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old September 05, 2009, 10:29 PM
Opal

Native Language: Castellano (o debo decir espanol?)
guille101 is on a distinguished road
No importa cuál sea mi nombre

Me gustaria ver si me pudieran ayudar a corregir la traduccion al ingles del siguiente texto:

"No importa cuál sea mi nombre, ni mi raza, ni mis creencias. Digamos que me llamo Juan, Juan de la Tierra. Juan, porque es el más sencillo de los nombres, y, De la Tierra, porque este es el planeta al que pertenezco y del que soy ciudadano. Soy un hombre como cualquier otro hombre del mundo que se sienta angustiado ante la situación actual de nuestro planeta. Tomo la palabra, a través de este escrito, para protestar contra el sistema actual que nos gobierna, no importando cuál sea mi pueblo. Soy un hombre que está más allá de las creencias, porque considero, que ellas nos dividen más que lo que nos unen, y ahora, más que nunca, necesitamos unirnos en la paz y en el amor por nuestro mundo. Pienso que ha llegado la hora de dejar atrás las religiones y filosofías, para asumir el único camino que la inteligencia y el amor por nuestro mundo nos indican desde el fondo de nuestra experiencia espiritual e histórica.
Yo no sólo hablo a los hombres de mi siglo, sino al corazón de todos los hombres de los siglos venideros. De nada vale el conquistar las estrellas, sin antes conquistar nuestro propio corazón. Ni que formemos colonias en la Luna, en Marte o en cualquier otro lugar que nos imaginemos, sin antes dar a este planeta la paz requerida por la vida para desarrollarse. Sólo, con la paz basada en la justicia hecha en el mundo, podremos salir de nuestro planeta madre, sin mirarnos como huérfanos en el universo por haberlo perdido."
Lo que tengo es:

"It does not matter, which is my name, neither my race, neither my beliefs; let's say my name is John, John of the Earth; John, because it is the simplest of names, and of the Earth, because this is the planet to which I belong, and I am a citizen. I am a man as any man of the world that -before the current situation of our planet. I am speaking through this writing, to protest the current system that governs us, it not mattering which be my people. I'm a man that is beyond beliefs because I consider, they divide us more than unite us, and now, more than ever, we need to unite us in peace and in love for our world. I think the time has come to leave behind the religions and philosophies, to assume the only way that intelligence and love for our world tells us from the depths of our spiritual and historic experience.
Me, John of the Earth, do not only I speak to the men of my century, but to the heart of all the men of the future centuries. It is not worth anything to conquer the stars, without before, conquer our own heart. Neither that we form colonies in the Moon, in Mars nor in any other place that we imagine, without before giving peace to this planet needed for the life to be developed. Only, with peace based on justice has done in the world, we will be able to leave our "mother" planet, without looking like orphans in the universe for having lost it."

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 06, 2009, 05:33 AM
Emerald

Native Language: British English
brute is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guille101 View Post
Me gustaria ver si me pudieran ayudar a corregir la traduccion al ingles del siguiente texto:

"No importa cuál sea mi nombre, ni mi raza, ni mis creencias. Digamos que me llamo Juan, Juan de la Tierra. Juan, porque es el más sencillo de los nombres, y, De la Tierra, porque este es el planeta al que pertenezco y del que soy ciudadano. Soy un hombre como cualquier otro hombre del mundo que se sienta angustiado ante la situación actual de nuestro planeta. Tomo la palabra, a través de este escrito, para protestar contra el sistema actual que nos gobierna, no importando cuál sea mi pueblo. Soy un hombre que está más allá de las creencias, porque considero, que ellas nos dividen más que lo que nos unen, y ahora, más que nunca, necesitamos unirnos en la paz y en el amor por nuestro mundo. Pienso que ha llegado la hora de dejar atrás las religiones y filosofías, para asumir el único camino que la inteligencia y el amor por nuestro mundo nos indican desde el fondo de nuestra experiencia espiritual e histórica.
Yo no sólo hablo a los hombres de mi siglo, sino al corazón de todos los hombres de los siglos venideros. De nada vale el conquistar las estrellas, sin antes conquistar nuestro propio corazón. Ni que formemos colonias en la Luna, en Marte o en cualquier otro lugar que nos imaginemos, sin antes dar a este planeta la paz requerida por la vida para desarrollarse. Sólo, con la paz basada en la justicia hecha en el mundo, podremos salir de nuestro planeta madre, sin mirarnos como huérfanos en el universo por haberlo perdido."
Lo que tengo es:

"It does not matter what my name is, nor my race, nor my beliefs; let's say my name is John, John of the Earth; John, because it is the simplest of names, and of the Earth, because this is the planet to which I belong, and of which I am a citizen. I am a man like any man of the earth, who worries about the current situation of our planet. I am speaking through this writing, to protest about the current system that governs us, whoever my people might be. I'm a man who is beyond beliefs, because I consider that they divide us more than unite us, and now, more than ever, we need to unite in peace and in love of our world. I think the time has come to leave behind the religions and philosophies, and to assume that the only way that intelligence and love for our world tells us, is from the depths of our spiritual and historic experience.
I, John of the Earth, do not only I speak to the men of my century, but to the heart of all the men of the future centuries. It is not worth anything to conquering the stars, without beforefirst conquering our own heart. Neither that we form colonies on the Moon, on Mars nor in any other place that we imagine, without first giving peace to this planet, which is needed for the its life to be developed. Only, with peace based on justice has done in the world, we will be able to leave our "mother" planet, without looking like orphans in the universe for through having lost it her."
Just a few suggestions for you from another John

Last edited by brute; September 06, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old September 06, 2009, 03:53 PM
Diamond

Native Language: English
Elaina will become famous soon enough
Nicely done, Brute!

Old September 06, 2009, 07:25 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Then if I write some long text in this place, I believe that bob will find a lot of mistakes.

Well done Bob.

Get fun.
Old September 06, 2009, 10:58 PM
Opal

Native Language: Castellano (o debo decir espanol?)
guille101 is on a distinguished road
Thank you brute (John) for your suggestions and your help. Las aprecio mucho.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: