Old June 13, 2009, 01:15 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Question 10th Grade Spanish...

I'm not very sure what we will be learning in Spanish class when I enter 10th grade. I know it will be much complicated. I'm in an Honors class. Are there anything that you think I should know that I haven't learned? I want to practice over the summer.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 13, 2009, 02:18 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Jchen, ¿qué número es la clase? ¿español 3?

En la escuela fui en français tres, y no aprendí mucho porque jámas terminé mi tarea Deseo que yo pueda recordar algo del français. ¡qué lástima!

Si tu clase sea español tres entonces pienso que aprenderás mucho sobre "hablando/verbalizing" y la construcción de las oraciones

Practica tu pronunción
Creo que tu son muy inteligente y aprenderás mucho
Old June 13, 2009, 06:14 PM

I'm not exactly sure :| I don't know if we use "Spanish 1", "Spanish 2", etc. actually, we do, but I don't know if that's what you mean. I am going to Honors Spanish 2. I took in 9th grade Honors Spanish 1B or something.
Old June 13, 2009, 06:36 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I believe that if you have doubts or questions in the Spanish, you should to ask us, so you can know things new for you, because as you ask us your previous questions about the you need to learn about the Spanish, but as are there much things about the Spanish that I don't know what I must tell you.

Then I believe that you must to ask us things in specific.
Old June 13, 2009, 08:04 PM

That's the problem. I don't know what to ask you. Well, I learned about reflexive verbs this year, are there other kinds of special verbs or something? I know the vocabulary will be greatly extended, but I'm not sure about the grammar.
Old June 13, 2009, 08:39 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
I would suppose you'll continue to build vocabulary, learn more verb tenses and be introduced to phrases and clauses. Perhaps you'll even get to start using the subjunctive mood.

I suggest you befriend someone this summer who is fluent in Spanish. Tell them you want to improve your Spanish and then try your level best to communicate. Most native speakers can't teach you about grammar; they'll just know what sounds right. Try to mimic their pronunciation while you're learning what sounds right.
Be teachable and you'll learn more Spanish than you ever thought possible.

Expose yourself to a lot of Spanish while school's out, and you'll be further ahead next year. You can learn grammar in your Spanish classes.
Old June 13, 2009, 11:42 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure about what an Honor class is, but it sounds like if you and your mates are best students than other pupils, isn't it? Here students are not separated into better and worse students, they work all together. But if an Honor class is what I think you should be very happy

By the way, besides trying knowing Spanish speaking people, you can use Chileno's method (hola, Chileno ), reading books written in Spanish, so you can get more vocabulary, and watching movies in Spanish.

I hope it'll be helpful
Old June 14, 2009, 07:59 AM

yeah there's an Honors class and a Regular class. In Honors the lesson is taught a bit faster than the Regular.

thanks guys, for your advice
Old June 14, 2009, 09:05 AM
Emerald

Native Language: spanish
lee ying is on a distinguished road
Yes, jchen, I would like you can write into spanish here . your spanish will improve faster. just do it, ok? We know you're a smart pupil . solo trata de escribirr espanol . just do better than you can do and enjoy it to the max writing spanish here.
Old June 14, 2009, 05:23 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchen View Post
That's the problem. I don't know what to ask you. Well, I learned about reflexive verbs this year, are there other kinds of special verbs or something? I know the vocabulary will be greatly extended, but I'm not sure about the grammar.
Well I can recommending you that you enter to the website, I mean in the Internet, and if you can find some class about Spanish and you should to see the thread that is teaching the online teachers, I believe to in that way you can watch the thread according your grade in the school, for example if you have seen before the verbs in past, but you don't know the verb in preterit, therefore you can search them, and so you would can study them, so the next period to class, you already know the verbs in preterit.

I don't know if this can help you, but I believe that if you want to search the information that you arrive to need during your vacations is easier get more knowledge in the language.

Good luck.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: