Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Can someone check my Spanish homework

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old December 11, 2013, 07:07 PM
Opal

H0la456 is on a distinguished road
Can someone check my Spanish homework

First off, hello and thanks for viewing my thread (even more thanks if you help)

For my Spanish class we have to write two, 25 word pages for each tense we've learned and each is about ourselves, a family member, or a friend. It's a decent amount of points so I thought I'd double check here. I lose a point for every accent missed too. I don't think I need help on present so I'll leave it out.

Also, we can have more than one tense in our stories but we must underline the verbal form required on the page. The ones I think fit the tense I will bold.

Past Tense (Preterit):

1). Cuando (<=accent?) mi bisabuelo llegó a Estados Unidos desde Croacia y se perdío en el camio a Chicago porque él no sabía Inglés. Durante la noche, mi bisabuelo le preguntó un agricultor para ayuda y recibió un disparo en el pierna porque él no sabía que el agricultor le decía a salir.
2). En el verano de quinto grado, traté una rampa con mi bicicleta y me caí desde my bicicleta y raspé el rodillo y el pie.

1). When my great-grandpa came to the United States from Croatia and got lost on the way to Chicago from Ellis island because he didn't know any English. During the night, my great grandfather asked a farmer for help and was shot in the leg because he didn't know the farmer was telling him to leave.
2.) In the summer of 5th grade, I tried to jump a ramp with my bike and I fell from my bike and scraped my knee and foot.
================================================== ======
Imperfect:
1.) Mi perro era muy pequeño cuando mi familia y yo recibíamos ella desde un granja en el pueblo de (town name). Originalmente, ella se sentía muy triste cuando llevabamos desde su casa.
2.) Cuando era pequeño, yo jugaba en el parque por muchas horas. Subía muchos árboles en el parque. Yo bebía mucho leche y agua porque no me gustaba los refrescos

1.) My dog was very small when my family and I received her from a farm en the town of (town name). Originally, she was very sad when she left from her home.
2.) When I was younger I played in the park for many hours. I climbed many trees in the park. I drank a lot of milk and water because I didn't like pop.
================================================== ======
Present Perfect:
1). No he viajado un país aparte de los Estados Unidos. He visitado los estados de Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, Indiana, y Georgia. No he ido a New England ni al occidental de lost estados Unidos.

1). I haven't traveled to any country outside of the United States. I have visited the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, Indiana, and Georgia. I haven't gone to New England nor the west of the United States

That's all I have now.

Thanks in advance

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 11, 2013, 08:11 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0la456 View Post
1). Cuando (<=accent? (no)) mi bisabuelo llegó a Estados Unidos desde (wrong preposition) Croacia y se perdío en el camio a Chicago porque (él) no sabía Inglés. Durante la noche, mi bisabuelo (substitute a pronoun) le preguntó (wrong verb) () (missing something here) un agricultor para ayuda (rearrangement of wording after 'le' will help you out here) y recibió un disparo en el pierna porque él no sabía que el agricultor (another word could be substituted here) le decía a salir.
2). En el verano de quinto grado (this phrasing doesn't make sense outside of English - substitute your age or specify how many years ago this happened), traté () () (missing preposition and verb) una rampa con mi bicicleta y me caí desde my bicicleta (wrong preposition and you can use a pronoun for the other two words) y raspé (use an accidental 'se' construction here) el rodillo y el pie.

Imperfect:
1.) Mi perro era muy pequeño cuando mi familia y yo () recibíamos ella (use a direct object pronoun instead of a subject pronoun - it goes where the empty parentheses are) desde (wrong preposition) un granja en el pueblo de (town name). Originalmente, ella se sentía muy triste cuando () llevabamos desde (wrong preposition) su casa.
2.) Cuando era pequeño, yo jugaba en el parque por muchas horas. Subía muchos árboles en el parque (too repetitive). Yo bebía mucho leche y agua porque no me gustaba (watch agreement) los refrescos()

Present Perfect:
1). No he viajado () un país aparte de los Estados Unidos. He visitado los estados de Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, Indiana, y Georgia. No he ido a New England ni al occidental de lost estados Unidos.
Welcome to the forums!

Everything marked in red needs to be changed. Hints are embedded in purple parentheses. Words that are in purple could be replaced with an alternative so you don't repeat yourself so often.

Last edited by Rusty; December 11, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old December 11, 2013, 08:34 PM
Opal

H0la456 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Welcome to the forums!

Everything marked in red needs to be changed. Hints are embedded in purple parentheses. Words that are in purple could be replaced with an alternative so you don't repeat yourself so often.
Thanks a bunch for the help! I appreciate how you didn't just correct, you explained and left me to also correct it

Last edited by H0la456; December 11, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old December 11, 2013, 08:41 PM
Señor Speedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0la456 View Post
Thanks for the help
You're welcome.
You may post your corrected assignment here so we can have another look, if you'd like.

By the way, your first use of 'desde' is OK, but you should not use it in the other places. If you change all occurrences to another preposition, that would be better.

If you have any questions, just ask.
Old January 31, 2014, 08:38 PM
Opal

smn1085 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Welcome to the forums!

"Desde" is correct.

"Desde América hacia Asia" = "From America to Asia".

"Desde que (yo) te conocí" = "Since I met you".

I'm from Spain.

Last edited by smn1085; January 31, 2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old January 31, 2014, 08:56 PM
Señor Speedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smn1085 View Post
"Desde" is correct.

"Desde América hacia Asia" = "From America to Asia".

"Desde que (yo) te conocí" = "Since I met you".
Welcome to forums!

I agree that 'desde' should be used as you have stated in the quoted material, but that isn't the incorrect usage I marked for the original poster. Only his first usage was OK.
Old February 02, 2014, 06:26 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
@smn1085: Es verdad que la palabra "desde" existe y es correcta en español, pero no es correcto el uso que se le dio en este texto, excepto por una oración.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: