Old July 17, 2010, 09:32 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Post Asterisk@home Information

Hello and good night.

I was wondering if someone have tried asterisk@home as VoIP server in your home, because I have a little project in my house with a mini sever and I installed CentOs with asterisk, because I haven't much experience with Linux, but I need to use it, because I need to know the VoIP technology.

Therefore I'd like commentaries above if you have used that software before and if you have download some kind of soft phone free from internet what works in a Intranet and internet too.

I have download the X-life, but I didn't like that software because it tend to be very limited in its features.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 18, 2010, 07:42 AM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Chris is on a distinguished road
I tried to make an answering machine out of astrik one time but didn't get far. I think it was Archlinux or Slackware's fault. I think I could have gotten somewhere on Ubuntu. It's the best I've used because of the community and repositories.

So you have a centos server running astrik and need to use another machine to connect to it and use the phone?
Old July 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
Diamond

Not I don't need other machine connected in my network, inclusive in the same machine with the THML graphic, I can configure the extension for number, all I can do, I can install the CentOs I can do it, but I can do what the extensions with the soft phone can works between the computers.
Old July 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
What is it you want to do with asterisk? Do you want to create a bridge between your landline and VoIP?
Old July 19, 2010, 10:21 AM
Diamond

Yes.
I have a commutator in my house and I want to create at least four lines exclusives for my business, already I give technical support for remote connection to users outside of the city, and I want not invert more in telephones devices, because for that motive I have four computers, then for me result easier to buy handset that other telephones and with the Asterisk software I can have an amply administration in the call, therefore I need to configure the asterisk for create extension virtual in my home, but I have done three and when I try to speak between computer and computer doesn't talk to the computer configure with the extension number.

I mean, I have the extension 200 and I try to talk to the extension 300 plenty already configured in the computer the 300, but however when I'm talking to the 300 number doesn't sound as incoming call.

Then I don't know, I was wondering that perhaps I didn't configure well the software, because as only I know to use Windows inclusive in Servers, and don't Linux, I believe that I need to find information about it.

Please if someone have additional information, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thank you.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: