Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > Cultura
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Good and Better Languages?

Preguntas sobre la cultura y las diferencias entre las culturas de los distintos países e idiomas.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo June 06, 2023, 01:37 PM
Constantin Constantin no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: Romanian
Constantin is on a distinguished road
Good and Better Languages?

"Are Some Languages Better than Others?" by R.M.W.Dixon (Oxford University Press)

I recommend this book to all general language enthusiasts. (I am one of them, I can read and talk in a few languages but I master none... .) The book is "written in the author's usual accessible and engaging style, and full of personal anecdotes and unusual linguistic phenomena". How languages work, What is necessary, What is desirable, The limits of a language, An ideal language - are some chapters in book. I enjoyed it a lot.
________ From Wikipedia

Robert Malcolm Ward "Bob" Dixon (born 25 January 1939, in Gloucester, England) is a Professor of Linguistics in the College of Arts, Society, and Education and The Cairns Institute, James Cook University, Queensland. He is also Deputy Director of The Language and Culture Research Centre at JCU. Doctor of Letters (DLitt, ANU, 1991), he was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Letters Honoris Causa by JCU in 2018. Fellow of British Academy; Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, and Honorary member of the Linguistic Society of America, he is one of three living linguists to be specifically mentioned in The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics by Peter Matthews (2014).

Última edición por Rusty fecha: June 06, 2023 a las 07:37 PM Razón: removed links - fixed punctuation
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación