Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

A couple of sentences that need corrections :)

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old May 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
Ruby

serendipity is on a distinguished road
A couple of sentences that need corrections :)

Subject says it all! Thanks!

"If you study something that makes you happy, I don't think it will be hard/difficult to find a job"

"Si estudias algo que te hace feliz, no creo que sea dificil encontrar trabajo"

"Law isn't just about laws, it gives you a deeper understanding of the society and it combines different areas of it, like politics, psychology and crime."

"Derecho no se trata sólo de las leyes, pero te da una comprensión de la sociedad y combina áreas diferentes de ella, como por ejemplo política, psicología y criminalidad."

"We have a good legal system to protect the citizens as long as they do what they have to do"

"Tenemos un buen sistema legal para proteger la gente si hace lo que tenga que hacer".

And if I want to say that I didn't have time to prepare before doing something, should I say "no tuve tiempo para preparar" or "no tenía tiempo para preparar" or "no he tenido tiempo para preparar"?

Last edited by serendipity; May 10, 2012 at 02:18 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Pearl

Native Language: español
micho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
Subject says it all! Thanks!

"If you study something that makes you happy, I don't think it will be hard/difficult to find a job"

"Si estudias algo que te hace feliz, no creo que sea dificil encontrar trabajo"

"Law isn't just about laws, it gives you a deeper understanding of the society and it combines different areas of it, like politics, psychology and crime."

"(Artículo) Derecho no se (sobra) trata sólo de las leyes, ¿pero? (¿donde está en la frase original?) te da una comprensión deeper de la sociedad y combina (es traducción literal y funciona, pero tal vez usando "asocia" se entienda mejor) áreas diferentes (preferiría "áreas distintas" o "diferentes áreas" o "diferentes parcelas") de ella (suena mejor "la misma" en vez de "ella"), como por ejemplo (articulo) política, (artículo) psicología y (artículo) criminalidad."

"We have a good legal system to protect the citizens as long as they do what they have to do"

"Tenemos un buen sistema legal para proteger la gente si (yo pondría "cuando") hace lo que tenga (error de tiempo) que hacer".

And if I want to say that I didn't have time to prepare before doing something, should I say "no tuve tiempo para prepararlo" or "no tenía tiempo para preparar" or "no he tenido tiempo para prepararlo"?
Espero que te sirva de algo.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: