Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Teacher Video

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old July 30, 2010, 12:50 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Teacher Video

Hello.
Good night.

I found a video very interesting for me, because I can improve more my English, and I can understand him more clear it.

Here I lift my contribution or
For you.

If you can achieve to understand him, then you can consider that maybe you have a high level in your English.

Then enjoy the video, I hope can be useful for you the video.

Please, you only give a click in the link and it will take directly to the video of tony, frank and john.

http://effortlessenglishclub.com/tony-frank-and-john-3

Sincerely yours.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 30, 2010, 03:31 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Hello, Crotalito,
Thank you very much. I've seen the video and it is definitely an interesting approach, and a very positive attitude. I definitely liked it.

(By the way, "leave" = dejar. Here I'll leave my contribution... "lift" = levantar)
Old July 30, 2010, 07:08 PM
Diamond

Yes I liked the video too.
I meant.

I leave my contribution.
So did you liked the video?

Yes he's very charismatic and really the video is an approach for the beginners here in the forums, as he told us in video contain, if you achieve to understand all the video and if you can understand almost a phrase in English then you will have a high level in your knowledge then you go for the good road.

If you can understand quickly, more clear it, and faster without translate in your mind the meaning of the word, and you can explain the contain of the video without the need of ask something or use the dictionary, then you're excellent for the learning, you will not learn in six months perhaps, maybe you will be able to understand the video within of a one year.

I got it the video all the contain of the video clip.
Old August 24, 2010, 06:05 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Please, you only give a click in the link and it will take directly to the video of tony, frank and john.

http://effortlessenglishclub.com/tony-frank-and-john-3
Well, I can only speak for myself, and within a few seconds I wanted to punch this man in the face. I tried to watch more, but after he said "don't bother to listen to the BBC, that's not really natural conversation" there was only so much I could tolerate. Perhaps it improves ......

Last edited by Perikles; August 24, 2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old August 24, 2010, 04:11 PM
Diamond

Why do you not tolerate the conversation or the improvisation?

Really the video shows a lot of language and it can help you in your skills and speech.
in the personal to me liked it.

I didn't find more videos about him and where I can listen more new words and where I can place in practice my language.
Old August 24, 2010, 04:38 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Lithuanian, Russian
HomoVulgaris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I found a video very interesting for me, because I can improve more my English, and I can understand him more clear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself, and within a few seconds I wanted to punch this man in the face. I tried to watch more, but after he said "don't bother to listen to the BBC, that's not really natural conversation" there was only so much I could tolerate. Perhaps it improves ......
I'm with Perikles on this. Except the punching part

The guy on video terribly overdues and overexaggerates English pronunciation. And the video is full of manerisms (if you ask me in private, I will tell you what I have in mind by telling this). Not the best source to polish your language skills.

Beware of false prophets who are telling that their bible is the only one correct.
---
@Croatalito, estoy de acuerdo con Perikles, excluso de la parte de golpear.

El chico en ese vídeo está exagerando terriblemente la pronunciación de inglés. Y el vídeo es repleto de excesivos maneros (si quieres saber lo que quiero decir, pregúntame en privado). No es el mejor método para aprender tu inglés.

Ten cuidado con los profetas que ponen que su biblia es la única correcta.
Old August 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
Diamond

Look. I believe to him.

I have tried to learn the language with many people who are teacher, I'm completely sure that I can learn the language of a form less explicit, I mean, I want to learn the language of a natural way and I can learn the language with grammatical expression, for that is some bored, I respect each view point made for the foreros.

Look, I need the language for my own tasty and for placer mine, I won't teach the language anyone, only my English is used in my job and with my friend and with proposal only educative, already I like the language.

I don't say not about your help.
Thank you.
But the grammatical isn't for me. In my Spanish tend use a lot of the slang and idioms, because I grew in my town and my city where the people inclusive Spanish teacher speak in some way very nature without speak with grammatical corrections.

Time before my brother, he's studying foreign language told me.
Would you like to learn English for be interpreter?
Simply I answered him NOT.

I want to learn English for my tasty and for my use as if when you are speaking with a person native in U.S.A and without use grammatical verbs and I don't like to use much the verb with a lot of formality.

When I saw the video, I could to understand everything without use the pause or stop for understand each word in my mind and I didn't translate anything he said in my tongue natal language.

Then I could say, Oh my god, I could to do it.

Then it want to say, I know English, I'm not so good, but I can improve a communication with someone maybe I could to have a long conversation with you.

Thank you perikles.

I guess it.

Are you teacher?
Old August 26, 2010, 05:14 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you perikles.

I guess it.

Are you teacher?
No I'm not. It is not my place to say this man is no good, I was just giving my own personal reaction. Everybody has a different method of learning, and if this man helps you, that's great.
Old August 26, 2010, 02:37 PM
Diamond

I respect your opinion.
Old August 29, 2010, 03:57 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Hey, CrOtALiTo, the saying goes "de todo hay en la viña del Señor"... probably in the Bible... although I don't know the chapter nor the verse to quote it to you with my pinkie up in the air...

What I mean is that things that may work for one person, may not work for another... I may like a nice red color (at one point) and then I may prefer a sedate green... (O sea, sobre gustos no hay nada escrito.)

But the reason I am writing here is because right here, connected or linked to Tomísimo you have the Merriam Websters site... with a lot of exercises that may be of great help for you. (I just tried the pronunciations one, which is simple, step by step and you can go through it at your own pace...)
http://www.learnersdictionary.com/pronex/pronex.htm
Let me know what you think!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: