Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Open University Degree

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old July 10, 2014, 05:11 AM
Opal

Xagan is on a distinguished road
Open University Degree

Hi everyone,

Ever since I visited Mexico in 2012, I've wanted to learn Spanish. Over the last few years, I've studied it via various different means, such as audio courses, classes, online, Skype, TV etc. Due to how busy work has been, I've often swapped and changed, stopped and started, but my keenness to learn hasn't stopped at all. As you can see from my lack of activity on this forum, I've had a long time out of proper study, although I have still been talking to a few language exchanges on Skype.

Anyway, after speaking with various family members lately, they've convinced me that I should study for a degree with the Open University, and I'm thinking, what better degree than Language Studies? It's part-time, and I can study when and where I want in my own time, so I'm going cut my work from full-time down to part-time, which will allow me to study. Completing the degree usually takes six years. The Open University don't offer a Spanish degree, but they offer a Language Studies degree, in which you learn to communicate fluently in a foreign language of your choice, and obviously I would pick Spanish.

I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this, and whether you think it's worth it. Will studying with the Open University be an efficient way to learn Spanish?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Xagan

Last edited by Xagan; July 10, 2014 at 07:31 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: