Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Books that go from English to Spanish?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 02, 2016, 11:41 PM
Ruby

AlwaysLost is on a distinguished road
Books that go from English to Spanish?

I was thinking about it and the thing that has built my vocabulary the fastest has been reading exercises. Based on that I was wondering if there are any books out there that will slowly move from English to Spanish as you read, so after explaining what a word is in Spanish, it then starts using the word every time. For instance the word and is y in Spanish. From that point on every time the book writes and it says y instead, y just keeps going from there. Slowly pero surely el libro would convert into español y at some point el libro would start using estilo español phrasings.

Just an interesting thought. Part of this comes from a book I'm reading where the author said the best way to learn words is within phrases.

Note: I didn't want the post to be too long, so I explained only the y(and). The sentence reads... Slowly but surely the book would convert into Spanish and at some point the book would start using Spanish style phrasings. the style spanish line is an example because in English we would say Spanish style and in Spanish we would say style spanish(and no capital S). Obviously not a Spanish expert, but I would love a book written in that style. I would also want to make the Spanish words italicized or bold, that way the reader would easily recognize that a Spanish word is being said.

Your thoughts? Does this exist?

Last edited by AlwaysLost; September 02, 2016 at 11:49 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: