Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Sharing techniques

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old September 05, 2013, 08:26 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Did you read the whole blog?

:-D

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 05, 2013, 08:43 AM
Pearl

Native Language: German
tetsuo is on a distinguished road
I read the one you link to from your public profile at Tomísimo, it contains two entries. Yes, I read them both.
Old September 05, 2013, 02:59 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post
Then read my blog.
¿Dónde está tu blog, chileno? Quiero verlo.
Old September 05, 2013, 03:27 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Échale un vistazo a su perfil.
Old September 05, 2013, 05:25 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
I read the one you link to from your public profile at Tomísimo, it contains two entries. Yes, I read them both.
Then you didn't read well.
Old September 05, 2013, 06:25 PM
Pearl

How do you know? And, if I read them "better", will they be more entries?

And it's no offend, but you're not writing something new and you say, like it works for everyone. And I can say for it doesn't. Or to be more precise it works maybe for everyone but not alone this method will bring everyone else to the point you were after you finished translating the novel, because they are different types of learning method and I can say for myself and I need grammar stuff, just because I love to write and need to know what's behind the sentence structure, and I also need pictures, voices,... everything. With combining all those methods I am closer to learning like I did as a child with my native language than everything else. Did you get all the knowledge of your native language because you did translate a novel at first before you could even speak? No, eventually you were with your parents, relatives, friends and ask like every child what's this or that. But because I am not a child anymore nor do I live close to someone who speaks fluently Spanish, I need to build up a fake environment as close as possible to the natural one I lived in as a child.

There's no one I can ask for what "book", "cupboard", "wardrobe", "map", "shoe", "shower",... etc means, so I build something for me that's close and I extended this natural version and add useful sentences to the word I am sure I need some time in the future. And I am learning Spanish faster than I learned English.
Old September 05, 2013, 09:06 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
How do you know? And, if I read them "better", will they be more entries?

And it's no offend, but you're not writing something new and you say, like it works for everyone. And I can say for it doesn't. Or to be more precise it works maybe for everyone but not alone this method will bring everyone else to the point you were after you finished translating the novel, because they are different types of learning method and I can say for myself and I need grammar stuff, just because I love to write and need to know what's behind the sentence structure, and I also need pictures, voices,... everything. With combining all those methods I am closer to learning like I did as a child with my native language than everything else. Did you get all the knowledge of your native language because you did translate a novel at first before you could even speak? No, eventually you were with your parents, relatives, friends and ask like every child what's this or that. But because I am not a child anymore nor do I live close to someone who speaks fluently Spanish, I need to build up a fake environment as close as possible to the natural one I lived in as a child.

There's no one I can ask for what "book", "cupboard", "wardrobe", "map", "shoe", "shower",... etc means, so I build something for me that's close and I extended this natural version and add useful sentences to the word I am sure I need some time in the future. And I am learning Spanish faster than I learned English.
Yes, there are several entries on each of those blogs.

I can talk to you on Skype if you want to discuss all of those point and more. Up to you.
Old September 06, 2013, 08:25 AM
Pearl

Yes, two entries on Spanish blog. Not more. Either you gave the wrong link in your profile or either you didn't publish the other entries and they're still drafts (read to be published but actually unpublished). Or you've given other rights to each of your entry, so not anybody can read them. I visited your bblog the third time today and they're still two entries on the Spanish.

I don't use skype. If you'd like to you can explain the points open for everyone or via PM.
Old September 06, 2013, 09:45 AM
Diamond

oooh, I hate typing...

Well, that's that.
Old September 06, 2013, 06:03 PM
Pearl

Another source is this site, maybe it will help one or another here at the forum. Anything there is free. http://www.openculture.com/freelanguagelessons

This is how I like knowledge being made available and spread through the web.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: