Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Other Languages > Other Languages
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Parlons-nous français?

Being the language lovers that we are... A place to talk about, or write in languages other than Spanish and English.

Old September 06, 2009, 05:38 AM
Pearl

VivaEspana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel View Post
@VivaEspana

As explained yesterday, "votre" and "le" can't be used in the same time beside a nound (or subject). We say : "votre plan du festival" or "le plan du festival".

Votre organisateur de festival

La récession aux État-Unis a été catastrophique sur le nombre de spectateurs au Festival Stratford et Shaw, le tourisme américain au Canada étant à son plus bas niveau depuis 1972.

There is no equivalent in English for "plus-que-parfait".

That's why we can't translate word by word any languages. It's often matter of feeling. Usually, we translate from a foreign language to our native language. But it is important to practice the other way too.

You mentioned 'Canada'. Ya, the French and Quebec economies perform much better than Canada and other provinces.

Last edited by VivaEspana; September 06, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 06, 2009, 11:35 AM
Pearl

Now that you have picked up this book, don't put it down! You are in for a treat. The sensitive drawings you see here will encourage you as an aspiring artist. The poetic beauty and softness of these pieces are compelling. I fell in love with each one as it emerged from the artist's pencil, just as I think you will as you leaf through the book.

Translation:

Maintenant que vous [choisir] - choissiez, choississais, choissez ] ce livre, ne mettez le par terre! Vous etes dans le plaisir. Les dessins sensible nous voyez ici encouragerez vous comme une artiste en herbe. La beaute poetique et la mollese des morceaux sont fascinant. Je tombe amoureus de chacune alors que il emergean du crayon de la artiste, juste comme je pense vous tomberez alors que voyez pendant a le livre.

note: Whatever you can come up with this translation is ok with me. I know it is really very very hard translation.
Old September 06, 2009, 02:43 PM
Ruby

Native Language: French
pixel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You mentioned 'Canada'. Ya, the French and Quebec economies perform much better than Canada and other provinces.
Canada was in the text !! Quebec is in Canada. And yes the economy is better in Canada that in the rest of the world, and the province of Quebec economy is even better.
: )
Old September 07, 2009, 05:34 AM
Pearl

Quote:
Canada was in the text !! Quebec is in Canada. And yes the economy is better in Canada that in the rest of the world, and the province of Quebec economy is even better.
: )
Quebeckers and French have good work ethics. They are incorruptible. One reason why Quebec is the envy of other provinces. The streets are neat and clean. Flowers bloom at every corner. Trees are lined up in sidewalks. There is peace and order. Strict rules and regulations behooves every Quebecker to be law-abiding.

QUEBECKERS SHOULD BE GIVEN EQUAL ACCESS OR OPPORTUNITY TO EMPLOYMENT NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR COMMON LANGUAGE. No Person shhall be discriminated on the basis of race, creed, belief....

Last edited by VivaEspana; September 07, 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old September 07, 2009, 09:03 AM
Ruby

Ho! I didn't know about this. We are more strict and cleaner? I don't go so often in other provinces since I don't travel a lot these days. But I can say that in Ottawa, canadian capital, it is very clean also.

But often to get a job here in Quebec we have no choice to be bilingual. The majority of tourists are English speaking and a lot of industries (like were I work) use a lot of English. We speak French in the office, but all the work is in English. Other canadians don't like the idea to be forced to learn French (they are not, but since Canada is officialy bilingual, it could happen....) and I consider myself very lucky to be able to talk, write and speak both.
Old September 07, 2009, 09:07 AM
Pearl

Quote:
Ho! I didn't know about this. We are more strict and cleaner? I don't go so often in other provinces since I don't travel a lot these days. But I can say that in Ottawa, canadian capital, it is very clean also.

But often to get a job here in Quebec we have no choice to be bilingual. The majority of tourists are English speaking and a lot of industries (like were I work) use a lot of English. We speak French in the office, but all the work is in English. Other canadians don't like the idea to be forced to learn French (they are not, but since Canada is officialy bilingual, it could happen....) and I consider myself very lucky to be able to talk, write and speak both.

According to the survey, Quebec has the most of the beautiful ladies in the world, too. I wouldn't mind if French is imposed on me which is not the case for me. I just love the French language! English too is dictated to other people's of the world. For me, French culture is refined, civilized and more advance than other nations.

Oh, I found a machine translator in this forum, pixel. But I still will most always than not patronize your generosities.

Last edited by VivaEspana; September 07, 2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old September 07, 2009, 09:45 AM
Ruby

@VivaEspana

be really carefull with automatic translators. They often give very funny translations (a lot of word by word). Remember that a language has a lot of feelings and idioms which cannot always be translated. That's why I take time for one of yours.....trying to find the best way to translate "You are in for a treat" !

Were are you from VivaEspana ?
Old September 07, 2009, 11:25 AM
Pearl

I am here in GTA, Greater Toronto Area. Mississauga, Ontario. I just want to be very proficient in French. Besides, bilingualism is promoted by the government. I want to study Spanish too. But French is my priority. There are night classes offered free but it disrupts my sleeping pattern. I usually wake up in the morning always 'at the wrong side of the bed' meaning feeling sleepy and irritable. I am a day person. I sleep early and wake up early too.

Last edited by VivaEspana; September 07, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old September 14, 2009, 08:46 AM
Pearl

Military officers, especially those who occupy posts at the highest echelons, are only dimly perceived as persons, decision-makers, and political creatures.

French translation:

Les officiers militaires, en particulier ces qui occupent les postes a les plus haut echelons, ont ete vaguement percu comme les personnes, les decideurs, et les creatures politique.
Old September 15, 2009, 05:48 PM
Emerald

Native Language: British English
brute is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaEspana View Post
Military officers, especially those who occupy posts at the highest echelons, are only dimly perceived as persons, decision-makers, and political creatures.

French translation:

Les officiers militaires, en particulier ces qui occupent les postes a les plus haut echelons, ont ete vaguement percu comme les personnes, les decideurs, et les creatures politique.
This is a modified machine translation. The original looked quite good. They sometimes make stupid errors, but are always useful to check things like spelling, accents & adjectival agreement. I hope you find it useful.

Les officiers militaires, en particulier, ceux qui occupent des postes aux échelons les plus élevés, ne sont que vaguement perçus comme des personnes, des décideurs, et des politiques des créatures politiques (ou de politique?)

Tags
francés, french, practice

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: