Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Short text about my best friend

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old October 21, 2014, 02:39 PM
Opal

odili500 is on a distinguished road
Question Short text about my best friend

I have to write a short text on my best friend. What mistakes am I making? I'll write it in Spanish, then in English to show you what I mean.

----
Mi prima es mi mejor amiga. Se llama Sabina, y tiene veinte años – su cumpleaños es el 8 de diciembre. También, vive en Bulgaria, pero espera que estudie en Londres el próximo año. En su tiempo libre, Sabina le gusta leer acerca cósmico, hacer deportes, y jugar al póker.

Mi mejor amiga, mi prima, es muy ambiciosa y valiente – ¡no tenga miedo de nada! Tiene el pelo marrón y rizado y los ojos verdes. Le gusta llevar la ropa de colores.

Lo peor es que mi prima vive mucho lejos, y nos vemos solo una vez por año. Prefiero que hablar con Sabina más a menudo porque la extraño mucho.

---

And in English:

My cousin is my best friend. She is called Sabina, and is 20 year old -- her birthday is on the 8th of December. Also, she lives in Bulgaria, but hopes to study in London next year. In her free time, Sabina likes to read about space, play sports, and play poker.

My best friend, my cousin, is very ambitious and brave -- she isn't scared of anything! She has brown, curly hair and green eyes. She likes to wear colorful clothes.

The worst thing is that my cousin lives very far away from me, and we see each other only once a year. I would prefer to talk with Sabina more often because I miss her a lot.

-----

Gracias!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 24, 2014, 04:50 AM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Suavemente is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by odili500 View Post
I have to write a short text on my best friend. What mistakes am I making? I'll write it in Spanish, then in English to show you what I mean.

----
Mi prima es mi mejor amiga. Se llama Sabina, y tiene veinte años – su cumpleaños es el 8 de diciembre. También, vive en Bulgaria, pero espera estudiar en Londres el próximo año. En su tiempo libre, A Sabina le gusta leer "acerca del espacio" , hacer deportes, y jugar al póker.

Mi mejor amiga, mi prima, es muy ambiciosa y valiente – ¡no tenga miedo de nada! Tiene el pelo marrón y rizado (use "con" to avoid repetitiveness) los ojos verdes. Le gusta llevar la ropa de colores. (La Ropa Colorida??)

Lo peor es que mi prima vive "muy" lejos, y nos vemos solo una vez por año. Prefiero hablar con Sabina más a menudo(or "con frecuencia" It sounds better to me) porque la extraño mucho.

---

And in English:

My cousin is my best friend. She is called Sabina, and is 20 year old -- her birthday is on the 8th of December. Also, she lives in Bulgaria, but hopes to study in London next year. In her free time, Sabina likes to read about space, play sports, and play poker.

My best friend, my cousin, is very ambitious and brave -- she isn't scared of anything! She has brown, curly hair and green eyes. She likes to wear colorful clothes.

The worst thing is that my cousin lives very far away from me, and we see each other only once a year. I would prefer to talk with Sabina more often because I miss her a lot.

-----

Gracias!

My browser is limited, so I did the best I could..... these are a few.... More advanced speakers may find more.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: