Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Pimsleur I/B Complete finished - what next?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old March 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
Opal

Char2ie is on a distinguished road
Pimsleur I/B Complete finished - what next?

Hi Folks, I have just completed the Pimsleur I/B Complete course and wondered if anyone knows which Pimsleur (if any) comes next? I am finding it really difficult to get any comprehensive information on this series.

By the way I have thoroughly enjoyed both Pimsleur I/A and I/B Complete courses and would recommend them to any beginner.

Thanks in advance.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 28, 2012, 03:01 AM
Opal

Anyway to answer my own question (if anyone is interested), it seems that Spanish II comes next but is not available in Castillian Spanish. In any case, I am now trying to get hold of Spanish II (Latin American) second hand, so if anyone would like to sell me their used copy then let me know. I have already managed to get hold of Spanish III via ebay but number II is proving harder to come by.
Old June 05, 2012, 03:57 AM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Gala is on a distinguished road
My local public library has Pimsleur Spanish I, II, and III (they're older versions of the "comprehensive," and were instead called "complete," but I've read that they're practically identical) available for checkout. Many of the people that posted reviews for Pimsleur on Amazon say that they used library copies, so it seems that many libraries have them. Check yours before buying!
Old June 11, 2012, 07:18 AM
Opal

Thanks for that handy hint Gala. I live in Germany so I doubt they have the version I want. However, on my next trip the UK I will check my mother's local library out. Once again, muchas gracias.
Old June 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Ruby

Gala is on a distinguished road
Used copies are available here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/074352893X/?tag=219-20

...for significantly cheaper than new. I imagine the German Amazon likely wouldn't have the English/Spanish version, but I'd think there must be a way for you to buy from the U.S. Amazon in Euros.
Old June 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Opal

bobcoss is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I really liked the course you are using, and finished all three levels. There was also an extra 10 lessons which I think they called "plus" or something like that. I too got them from the library. I'm sure you will find the second level come up for sale somewhere. It's fairly common practice for folks to purchase them, use them and resell them.

There are also several other audio courses that I purchased and downloaded from the internet that I used afterwards that really helped me. There was quite a bit of overlap, but I didn't mind.

Bob
Old June 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
Opal

Thanks for that Gala. Will check them out.

Hi Bobcoss, would be interested to know which other courses you found useful.

Last edited by Rusty; June 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: merged back-to-back posts

Tags
pimsleur complete

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: