Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Text-Based Roleplaying

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old August 01, 2012, 09:48 AM
Opal

Roswenthe is on a distinguished road
Text-Based Roleplaying

I have been a member of mostly forum-based roleplaying sites for years, as well as in Second Life. I have a number of friends who have learned English mainly through roleplaying. I'd like to do the same with Spanish.

If you're not sure what I mean by forum-based roleplaying, do a Google search for "jcink roleplay forum". JCink is a forum host that hosts a lot of popular roleplay forums. The search comes up a little better than just "roleplay forum".

I've looked around in Second Life, but the only Spanish language RPs I found are either all combat (little text or character development), or they are wildly inappropriate.

I would be interested in not only discussing language learning through roleplay, but also maybe starting a roleplay thread here.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
Opal

sparkling is on a distinguished road
I am not very familiar with the concept could you please elaborate on it? I googled the forum but still don't get it. It's like Dungeons and Dragons forum style? Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old August 01, 2012, 02:38 PM
Opal

Roswenthe is on a distinguished road
It is like D&D, except usually there aren't stats and numbers and things in forum roleplaying. The players trust each other to come up with a story that works for everyone and doesn't hinder other players. Each player has at least one character (usually more), and you write your character's story. Other players write their characters' stories and reactions of the other characters.

You can generally choose any genre or theme. Many English RPGs prefer advanced English players, but there are some good ones that are open to all levels of English speakers. Obviously, I would prefer something for a beginning Spanish speaker.
Old August 06, 2012, 08:47 AM
Opal

sparkling is on a distinguished road
Ye I'd join.

I think one of the best ways to learn a language is through MMOs. I unfortunately don't really have that much time so I'd prefer something like what you mentioned

Tags
roleplay, spanish

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: