Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Can you help me to correct it ??

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old March 29, 2009, 12:43 PM
Opal

hongarman is on a distinguished road
Can you help me to correct it ??

can you help me to correct it please
it is about the silly things i did
thank you so much

El fin de semana pasado, tuve un almuerzo con mi amigo Joe en McDonald y ahí fue un señor extranjero sentado al lado de nosotros.el extranjero era la gente blanca de mediana vistiendo un traje .Charlamos en cantonese porque creímos que el extranjerono entendecantonés.

Me: De donde esel extranjero?
Joe: Yo creo que es de american, porque American nos gustábamos comer comida rápida.
Me: No creo que es de american,es de Reino Unido porque Él tiene un gran maniquí.
(Las conversaciones están en cantonés)
Hemos descubierto que el extranjeromiró atrás en nosotros.De repente, él habló con nosotros en cantonés.
el extranjero: yo soy de Italia, Estoy viviendo ahora en Hong Kong. me ha trabajado en Hong Kong durante 10 años. Cuando era en Hong Kong, aprendíacantonés. Ahora, puedo hablar con fluidez cantonés.
Se llama giogor, Fue agradable, que comparte su vida en Hong Kong. está trabajandoen una empresa en sha tin, es un hombre de negocios. El es muy trabajando, trabaja de lunes a viernes desde las ocho de la manana hasta la cinco de tarde. tiene dos niños, muy simpáticos y inteligentes. Uno de ellos tiene 18 años y el otro 16. Extrañaba a su familia en Italia mucho. Él apoya a Italia dos veces al añoa visitar a su familia. nos invitó a visitar Italia.
Estábamos muy sorpresa que el extranjero puedo hablarcantonés y él sabía que estamos hablando de él! Después de esto, Descubro el extranjero puede hablar cantonés con fluidez.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dos semanas pasada, quiero una fotocopia de mi pasaporte, por tanto fui a la libaray para fotocopiar.Mi teléfono sonó cuando estuve fotocopiando. He respondido a la llamada y se olvidó de poniendo mi pasaporte en la fotocopiadora. Salí de la biblioteca sin tomar mi pasaporte.
Después de una semana, He buscando mi pasaporte en mi casa pero no lo encuentra.He perdido mi pasaporte. Descubrí que la dejé en la biblioteca. Por consiguiente
, me he apresurado a la biblioteca. Tuve mucha suerte. alguien se lo devolvió a la recepción.
Era descuidado, perdía mis cosas siempre. Pero esta vez, he perdido mi pasaporte y descubrí después de una semana.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 29, 2009, 03:50 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Hongarman,

Could you please write it in English first? I want you to see something...

Well, if you are up to.
Old March 29, 2009, 10:15 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post
Hongarman,

Could you please write it in English first? I want you to see something...

Well, if you are up to.

Waht do you need about it.
Old March 30, 2009, 12:23 PM
Opal

Here is the english version =]

Last weekend, I had lunch with my friend Joe in McDonald andthere was a foreign gentleman sitting next to us .He was the a white people wearing a suit. We chatted in Cantonese because we thought that the foreigner did not knowCantonese

Me: Where
does he from?

Joe: I think
he is from America, because American like eating fast food.
Me: I do not think
he is from America, is from United Kingdom
because he has a big dummy.
(The talks are in Cantonese)
We discovered that the foreign
er . S
uddenly, he spoke to us in Cantonese.
foreign
er: I'm from Italy, I am now living in Hong Kong. I have worked in Hong Kong for 10 years. When I was in Hong Kong, I leant Cantonese. Now, I can speak fluent Cantonese.

His name is Giogor, heis nice and he shared his life in Hong Kong. He is working in a company in Sha Tin, he is a businessman. He is working very hard. He works Monday through Friday from eight o'clock in the morning until five in the afternoon.He has two children, they are very friendly and intelligent. One of them is 18 years and the other is 16. He missed his family in Italy a lot. He back to Italy twice to visit her family. He invited us to visit Italy.
We were very surprised that the foreign
er can speak Cantonese and he knew that we were talking about him! After this, I discover the foreigner
can speak Cantonese fluently.
-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Two weeks
ago, I want a photocopy of my passport, so I went to libaray for photocopy .My phone rang when I was photocopying. I answered the call and forgot to take out my passport form the photocopy machine. I left the library without bringing
my passport.
After a week, I looking for my passport at my house but
I cannot find it. I
lost my passport. I discovered that I left it in the library. Therefore , I rushed to the library. I was very lucky. someone returned it to the reception.
I am careless and always losing my stuff. But this time, I lost my passport and found out that after a week.
Old March 30, 2009, 12:54 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongarman View Post
Here is the english version =]
It seems that English is not your first language. Right?
Old March 31, 2009, 06:52 AM
Opal

My first language is Chinese and english is my second language
Spanish is my thrid language
so I made lots of mistakes here
Can anyone helps me to correct it???
Old March 31, 2009, 11:16 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
To be honest, helping you to correct your document will be very time-consuming. It would take me a solid hour and a half to do it justice. I've done this type of thing before, however, so don't feel bad.
Every sentence has errors in the Spanish version. The English version also contains errors, so it becomes a little more difficult to know exactly what you meant to say.

What do you hope to learn? We shouldn't just correct everything, because then you could just turn in a perfect paper at school and not learn the material. If we just give hints, you may be awhile getting to the end result (a good, or perfect paper).

I suggest you give us a sentence, or two, to work on at a time (I mean in the future - you've already given us the sentences in this thread). We usually correct by giving hints and we may have to ask questions to make sure we understand the idea you're trying to convey. I suggest you look at our suggested changes, ask your own questions about them, and answer the questions we may have, so that we get the right translation in the end.

The good thing is, there are a lot of good members here that are willing to help. The bad thing is, it might take awhile.

Last edited by Rusty; March 31, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old March 31, 2009, 11:42 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
To be honest, helping you to correct your document will be very time-consuming. It would take me a solid hour and a half to do it justice. I've done this type of thing before, however, so don't feel bad.
Every sentence has errors in the Spanish version. The English version also contains errors, so it becomes a little more difficult to know exactly what you meant to say.

What do you hope to learn? We shouldn't just correct everything, because then you could just turn in a perfect paper at school and not learn the material. If we just give hints, you may be awhile getting to the end result (a good, or perfect paper).

I suggest you give us a sentence, or two, to work on at a time (I mean in the future - you've already given us the sentences in this thread). We usually correct by giving hints and we may have to ask questions to make sure we understand the idea you're trying to convey. I suggest you look at our suggested changes, ask your own questions about them, and answer the questions we may have, so that we get the right translation in the end.

The good thing is, there are a lot of good members here that are willing to help. The bad thing is, it might take awhile.

Yes. I agree with you. When someone written a long text is difficult trying to help them. Because we sometimes haven't time for our own things to do, then I guess that if you hope correct something about your text only your write the necessary that you don't understand. Please you don't take to bad this commentary only is that we if wanting you help but sometimes we haven't time.
Old April 01, 2009, 02:45 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
I'm not a native english, so I understand better your english
I will not correct your spanish, but instead give you a spanish translation of your text.
AS Rusty sayed, trying to correct the spanish version it's difficult.
------------------------------

El pasado fin de semana estaba comiendo con mi amigo Joe en un McDonalds y había un extranjero sentado cerca nuestra. Era un blanco que vestía traje.
Hablamos en cantonés porque pensamos que como era extranjero no sabría cantonés.
Yo: ¿de donde será/vendrá?
Joe: Creo que es americano, a los americanos les gusta la comida rápida/basura
Yo: No creo que sea americano, será inglés porque tiene un gran ¿dummy?
De pronto el extranjero se puso a hablarnos en cantonés.
extranjero: Soy italiano, ahora estoy viviendo en Hong Kong. He trabajado en Hong Kong durante 10 años. Cuando estuve allí, aprendí cantonés y ahora lo hablo con soltura.

Su nombre era Giogor (Giorgio?, Giotto?), era simpático y vivía en Hong Kong.
Es un ejecutivo de una empresa en Sha Tin. Trabaja duro, de lunes a viernes desde las 8 de la mañana hasta las 5 de la tarde. Tiene dos niños, muy simpáticos y listos. Uno tiene 18 años y el otro 16. Giogor hecha de menos a su familia que está en Italia. Vuelve a Italia dos veces por año a visitarlos. Nos invitó a ir a Italia.
¡Nos sorprendió mucho que un extranjero hablase cantonés y supiese que estabamos hablando acerca de él! Después descubrí que el extranjero hablaba cantonés con soltura.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Hace dos semanas quería fotocopiar mi pasaporte, así que me fuí a una librería. Mi teléfono sonó mientras estaba fotocopiando. Respondí a la llamada y me olvidé el pasaporte en la fotocopiadora. Me fuí de la librería sin mi pasaporte.
Una semana después, buscaba el pasaporte por toda mi casa sin encontrarlo.
Lo había perdido. Me acordé de que lo había dejado en la librería. Fui corriendo a la librería. Tuve mucha suerte, alguien lo había devuelto al mostrador.
Soy muy descuidado y siempre pierdo mis cosas. Pero esta vez, perdí mi pasaporte y lo descubrí una semana después.

Saludos

I am careless and always losing my stuff. But this time, I lost my passport and found out that after a week.
Old April 01, 2009, 06:14 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosia View Post
El pasado fin de semana estaba comiendo con mi amigo Joe en un McDonalds y había un extranjero sentado cerca nuestra. Era un blanco que vestía traje.
Hablamos en cantonés porque pensamos que como era extranjero no sabría cantonés.
Yo: ¿de donde será/vendrá?
Joe: Creo que es americano, a los americanos les gusta la comida rápida.
Yo: No creo que sea americano, será inglés porque tiene un gran muñeco/maniquí. (¿será ventrílocuo, o modisto?)
De pronto el extranjero se puso a hablarnos en cantonés.
extranjero: Soy italiano, ahora estoy viviendo en Hong Kong. He trabajado en Hong Kong durante 10 años. Cuando estuve allí, aprendí cantonés y ahora lo hablo con soltura.

Su nombre era Giogor (Giorgio?, Giotto?), era simpático y vivía en Hong Kong.
Es un ejecutivo de una empresa en Sha Tin. Trabaja duro, de lunes a viernes desde las 8 de la mañana hasta las 5 de la tarde. Tiene dos niños, muy simpáticos y listos. Uno tiene 18 años y el otro 16. Giogor hecha de menos a su familia que está en Italia. Vuelve a Italia dos veces por año a visitarlos. Nos invitó a ir a Italia.
¡Nos sorprendió mucho que un extranjero hablase cantonés y supiese que estábamos hablando acerca de él! Después descubrí que el extranjero hablaba cantonés con soltura.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hace dos semanas quería fotocopiar mi pasaporte, así que me fuí a una biblioteca. Mi teléfono sonó mientras estaba fotocopiando. Respondí a la llamada y me olvidé el pasaporte en la fotocopiadora. Me fuí de la biblioteca sin mi pasaporte.
Una semana después, buscaba el pasaporte por toda mi casa sin encontrarlo.
Lo había perdido. Me acordé de que lo había dejado en la biblioteca. Fui corriendo a la biblioteca. Tuve mucha suerte, alguien lo había devuelto al mostrador.
Soy muy descuidado y siempre pierdo mis cosas. Pero esta vez, perdí mi pasaporte y lo descubrí una semana después.
¡Qué obra maestra, sosia! ¡Gracias!

Le hice una pregunta a ella que puso el mensaje porque no podemos traducir lo de 'dummy' sin saber algo más.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: