Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

Hello I need help

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old October 28, 2015, 06:46 PM
Opal

airjavi is on a distinguished road
Hello I need help

Hello(Hola) I was hoping I could get help translating the following sentences. Thank you:

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today about your health. I’m glad we were able to connect!

Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para hablar conmigo hoy sobre su salud. Agradecemos su tiempo en connectar!

You will also need to provide your Facility ID (Store Number) to enroll.

Tambien tendra que proporcionar su numero de facilidad ( numero de tienda ) para inscribirse .

I hope you will take advantage of this engaging new program. It will help you get on track and stay on track… one text at a time!

Espero que usted tome ventaja de este Nuevo programa.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 28, 2015, 07:18 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Please finish your translation and we can help you to get it right.

I've marked in red what needs to be corrected and have provided some hints in purple. Give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjavi View Post
Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today about your health. I’m glad we were able to connect!

Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para hablar conmigo hoy sobre su salud. Agradecemos su tiempo en connectar!
(The stuff marked in red isn't a translation of "I'm glad we were able to connect!" Remember that an exclamatory remark begins with an inverted exclamation point (use the 'Accents' drop-down menu to select the special characters). Also, when emotions are involved (I'm glad that ...), the verb in the secondary clause must be cast in the subjunctive mood.)

You will also need to provide your Facility ID (Store Number) to enroll.

Tambien tendra que proporcionar su numero de facilidad (numero de tienda) para inscribirse.
Some of the words are misspelled. The two entirely marked in red aren't the right words to use in the given context.

I hope you will take advantage of this engaging new program. It will help you get on track and stay on track… one text at a time!

Espero que (usted) tome ventaja de este Nuevo programa.
(Another phrase needs to be used instead of 'tomar ventaja (which wasn't conjugated in the future tense, as depicted in the English version). Also, you need to provide a translation for the next sentence. Remember that an exclamation mark at the end of a phrase has an inverted exclamation mark at its beginning.)

Last edited by Rusty; October 28, 2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old October 28, 2015, 07:39 PM
Opal

Thank you for taking the time to help. I appreciate your feedback!

¡Me alegra que pudimos conectar!

También tiene que dar su número de establecimiento (número de tienda) para inscribirse.

Espero que usted tomara ventaja de este nuevo programa. ¡Le ayudará a ponerse en marcha y mantenerse en el camino ... un texto a la vez!
Old October 28, 2015, 08:04 PM
Señor Speedy

Better!

'Me alegra' is an emotion. That means 'pudimos' needs to be cast in the subjunctive mood.

Instead of 'establecimiento', I would use 'instalación'.

Instead of 'tomará ventaja de', there is a better phrase.

I would move the opening exclamation mark in your last sentence to just before 'un texto'.
Old October 28, 2015, 09:56 PM
Opal

Thanks Rusty I ended up with:

Me alegra que podemos conectar.

Espero que usted tomará ventaja de este nuevo programa. Le ayudará a ponerse en marcha y mantenerse en el camino ... ¡un texto a la vez!

I appreciate all the help thank you so much!!
Old October 29, 2015, 05:31 AM
Señor Speedy

You're welcome.

'Podemos' isn't cast in the subjunctive mood. You should have used 'podamos' instead because there is emotion involved.

'Aprovechar' would have been better than using 'tomar ventaja'. And, since there is a verb of volition in the main clause (esperar), the verb in the secondary clause (aprovechar) must be cast in the subjunctive mood.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: