Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture

Using Spanish in different Countries

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 03, 2016, 10:13 PM
Opal

TheWind is on a distinguished road
Using Spanish in different Countries

Hello,

Im relatively new to the forums. I know that because Spanish is spoken in so many countries that the grammar or pronunciation might change a little from country-to-country.

I'm thinking about learning Spanish from Mexico or Spain, but my question concerns to how well the language transfers from country-to-country?

For example, if I learned Spanish in Mexico (or from a mexican/mexican style) and then I chose to travel to countries like Spain, Peru & Columbia, would they understand me perfectly fine? Or would the locals look at me and think "Why does his Spanish sound so funny?"

Many thanks

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: