Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

Hello

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old February 17, 2019, 05:34 PM
Opal

scorpio012 is on a distinguished road
Hello

Hello everyone, I'm new to your site and I'm not quite sure which forum I should ask my question in? I find Spanish difficult to speak fluently and when I was younger I tired but you guys speak so darn fast my ears have a hard time catching up, but I admire those who can. Yesterday my downstairs neighbor, who's Spanish and speaks very little English, knocked on my door and handed me a plate of food, she knows that I don't cook and this is the first time she's done something so kind. I would like help in translating an English sentence so that she could understand not only to thank her for her kindness, but also to let her know that I don't speak Spanish, but that I had asked for help of everyone on this site. I don't want to hurt her feelings if one day she asks me a question in Spanish, only to have me look at her and stare. What I would like to say is, "Thank you for your kindness and I wanted to thank her in Spanish so that she could understand my thanks". I've tried looking at Spanish dictionaries, but it's hard to compose a sentence one word at a time. Thanks to all who can offer me some help.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 18, 2019, 11:09 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Commonly in Caribbean Spanish you would say, gracias,(ud es) muy amable. Curiously the verb is often left out.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: