Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

DELE exams

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old January 19, 2013, 10:27 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Swiss German
zuma022 is on a distinguished road
DELE exams

Has anyone here written any of the DELE exams? If so would you recommend it? Did it help you with anything? Are they just as recognised in Latin America as in Spain?

When I started learning Spanish 8 or so months ago I only wanted to learn enough to be able to communicate while travelling. But I really enjoy the language and want to learn it as well as possible. I think it would be kind of nice to have a certificate to show for.
And maybe more importantly to have a goal to work towards to. I remember when I did the IETLS way back when, the course I took was much more focused and organized than the random courses I took before and I felt I learned a lot more.
I know the DELE exists at all levels, but I think I'd have to shoot for at least a B2 for it to be useful in any way?

Anyways, any thoughts or experiences? Thanks so much.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 15, 2013, 10:04 AM
Opal

Sarita08 is on a distinguished road
I would also like to know about the DELE exams if anyone has taken them and what to expect. Hopefully somebody eventually responds to this!

I did some snooping around. Google DELE exam and you will get their website. Looks like you can choose the level at which you would like to be tested. But how do you decide what level you would do well at? You can view sample tests and see the difficulty of each. Personally, I think I could handle C2, but I'm too scared to try. Maybe I will see about doing it at the C1 leve instead. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; March 15, 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Old March 15, 2013, 04:52 PM
Pearl

Since that post I have done quite a bit of research and have been working with a teacher towards the exam. I would love to do the C1, but it's too soon. I know I could pass the listening and reading comprehension, but the writing and oral parts aren't up to par yet. I'm scheduled for surgery next week, so depending on recovery I might do the B2 in May, otherwise I'll aim for C1 in the fall.

If you can handle the C2, I'd definitely go for it, there's still two months to prep for it. If you've got the level it's just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the exam structure. Here's a good link for the levels: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_..._for_Languages

The Cervantes site has a level test here: http://ave.cervantes.es/prueba_nivel/default.htm
Though it should be taken with a grain of salt. I scored a C1.4 and I'm nowhere near that level in all aspects of the language. So I think the best indication is the sample tests. You need 70% to pass, should give you a good idea if you do a full one. For the oral part it's probably best to have a DELE teacher grade you. If you google it there are several that offer skype lessons.
Old March 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
Pearl

Native Language: German, Serbian & Albanian
Premium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma022 View Post
I'm scheduled for surgery next week, so depending on recovery I might do the B2 in May, otherwise I'll aim for C1 in the fall.
I hope it's nothing serious and wish you all luck.
Old March 15, 2013, 06:33 PM
Opal

Sarita08 is on a distinguished road
@zuma022

Thanks so much for the info and the suggestions! I don't think I'll do the May one, but possibly the later one this year. I'm not good with exams, I have major test anxiety. Even if I know answers, I get very nervous and I blank. I need ample time to prepare. Good luck with the exam, I hope you have an easy recovery. Post an update after everything is all done.
Old March 16, 2013, 01:01 PM
Pearl

@premium Danke! It's 'just' a rotator cuff repair, but the surgery freaks me out nonetheless.

@sarita08 I'm lucky that I don't suffer from exam anxiety, I'm sure I'll be very nervous for the oral portion though. I do think it helps if you know what to expect from the exam too. The Cronómetro books are quite good to give you an idea and they do a good job of explaining the whole test and developing strategies.
Old March 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
Pearl

Quote:
@premium Danke! It's 'just' a rotator cuff repair, but the surgery freaks me out nonetheless.
Kann ich sehr nachvollziehen. Hatte bei meiner Mutter auch extreme Angst, obwohl es nur ein Routineeingriff war.
Old March 16, 2013, 02:49 PM
Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium View Post
Kann ich sehr nachvollziehen. Hatte bei meiner Mutter auch extreme Angst, obwohl es nur ein Routineeingriff war.
Ja, ist wohl normal, egal der Eingriff. Ist ein bisschen doof bei mir weil sie nicht genau wissen, was gemacht werden muss bis sie drin sind. Und daher kann die Reha von 4 Wochen bis ca 6 Monate sein. Ich glaube, das stresst mich noch mehr an der ganzen Sache.
Old March 16, 2013, 04:32 PM
Pearl

Quote:
Ja, ist wohl normal, egal der Eingriff. Ist ein bisschen doof bei mir weil sie nicht genau wissen, was gemacht werden muss bis sie drin sind. Und daher kann die Reha von 4 Wochen bis ca 6 Monate sein. Ich glaube, das stresst mich noch mehr an der ganzen Sache.
Ist ja eigenartig wenn die nicht wirklich wissen was gemacht werden muss.
Mal hoffen, dass die Reha nicht allzu lange dauert.
Old March 17, 2013, 12:38 PM
Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium View Post
Ist ja eigenartig wenn die nicht wirklich wissen was gemacht werden muss.
Mal hoffen, dass die Reha nicht allzu lange dauert.
Sie haben einen Plan zum Glueck, aber muessen es zuerst aufmachen und anschauen und dann entscheiden ob es auch wirklich so geht. Aber nach Plan waeren es etwa 4 Monate, was wahrscheinlich heissen wuerde die Pruefung im naechsten Winter zu machen. Aber mal schauen

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: