Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Learn spanish with audio CDs

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Closed Thread

Old September 05, 2009, 06:50 AM
Ruby

lingos is on a distinguished road
Learn spanish with audio CDs

hello

what is the best method with audio CDs that you can listen to at the gym and learn spanish?

something like recorded lectures from teachers or any in any other context

but it must NOT need PC or book, just to listen to it on the bus, in the beach or in the gym, etc

thanks

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 05, 2009, 07:11 AM
Sapphire

Native Language: Dutch
EmpanadaRica is on a distinguished road
Hi Lingos!

Well I can't tell you this is the best way, only what works for me. That obviously is a personal thing, because what works for one person does not have to for another. All of the following are totally free.

That having been said I have benefitted a great deal from podcasts on a number of sites. They are great listening and learning exercises. They are topical, so you get to learn related vocabulary, and because they have consistency, the words and principles are easier to remember.

In many cases you can download the worddoc or pdf as well in case you are not sure about some things or wish to read the transcripts. The podcasts themselves can be downloaded in mp3 format for your mp3 player.

Some sites I would recommend:

1. http://www.audiria.com
Has many podcasts (also video's for more advanced level but it can be downloaded into mp3) on 5 different levels of Spanish.

2. http://www.spanishnewsbites.com
Has podcasts on 3 different levels (beginners, intermediate , advanced) including text/pdf and downloadable mp3's.

3. http://spanishpodcast.org/
Same principle but the listening exercises/podcasts are more intermediate to advanced level. Including downloadable mp3 and transcripts.

4. http://ssl4you.blogspot.com/
Also better for intermediate to advanced I think.

Hope that helps you or gives you an idea, I really think podcasts are very helpful, I've learned quite a lot from them and they are very enjoyable to listen to.

By the way, this is a good site containing lots of listening exercises on advanced level I think.
Want to learn Dutch? Have a look here

Last edited by EmpanadaRica; September 05, 2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old September 05, 2009, 09:34 AM
Ruby

lingos is on a distinguished road
thanks! not exactly what I was looking for (lectures of english teachers that teach spanish), but they will definately be an arrow in my quiver to learn spanish
Old September 05, 2009, 09:44 AM
Sapphire

Native Language: Dutch
EmpanadaRica is on a distinguished road
Yeah I know it's not exactly what you asked but trust me, it's a good starting point and you do learn quite a bit from them! (I did anyway and I have heard more people attest to it).

But then again I'm not big on lectures so I'll let someone else fill in that question..

Good luck anyway!
Want to learn Dutch? Have a look here
Closed Thread

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: