Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

I am a total beginner

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 07, 2008, 09:09 PM
Opal

katz112 is on a distinguished road
I am a total beginner

Hello
I have just joined this forum as I am learning the language. I started about a week ago. I am a total beginner. I want to learn the language because I travel to LA a lot and coming in December I am traveling to Santiago, Chille. I do already speak english (I live in Michigan), and I also speak German, (German/Austrian relatives).
I want to learn this language because I am frequently passed up by spanish speaking people because I dont know it.
I need help.
I guess this is kinda funny. I am also a Lucy fan (Along with my Dad)and when I am clicking the remote and pass an ep...I watch it. Then "Ricky" spouts spanish and I am sprinting to my books to find out what he said.

As I was watching an ep of Lucy...what the heck was "Ricky" saying?

Tengo= To Have? or I have?
sounds like....Kah eel may (Ka, eel(lsounds like electric eel), may (Like the month May) Kah eel may.

"Ricky"said, Tengo Kaheelmay....I am guessing....have Fun maybe?

Next word...

Macho Grasta......on the Lucy show...Ricky said it means "big fat Pig"? I looked that up also......what?....pig is cerdo.

Thanks!!

katz

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: