Old August 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
Opal

Native Language: English, Some Spanish
redhead31293 is on a distinguished road
Hola!!

Hola! Soy Jennie. Tengo dieciocho años. Soy nueva aquí Mi idioma primera es Inglés y he tomado tres años de Español. Actualmente, estoy en mi cuarto año y está muy difícil Me gustaría ayuda con mis habilidades de español y consejo es apreciado Muchas gracias, amigos!!

Si tengo errores me dicen, por favor

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
¡Bienvenida, Jennie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead31293 View Post
Hola! Soy Jennie. Tengo dieciocho años. Soy nueva aquí Mi idioma primero es el inglés y he tomado tres años de español. Actualmente, estoy en mi cuarto año y está esmuy difícil Me gustaría ayuda con mis habilidades de español y el consejo es apreciado (or los consejos son apreciados) Muchas gracias, amigos!!

Si tengo errores me dicen díganme, por favor
Te he señalado unas correcciones pequeñas; si hay otros errorcitos estoy seguro de que otro forista te ayudará, iqual que si he cometido una corrección incorrecta. Si quieres una explicación de una correccion o sugerencia, pídenosla.
Old August 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Hola, Jennie. Te doy la bienvenida.
Old August 21, 2011, 06:43 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Hello I bid you welcome to these forums, I hope your stay in the forums, it will be enjoyable.

Have a fun learning.

Sincerely yours
Old August 21, 2011, 07:14 PM
Opal

Native Language: English, Some Spanish
redhead31293 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrholt View Post
¡Bienvenida, Jennie!

Te he señalado unas correcciones pequeñas; si hay otros errorcitos estoy seguro de que otro forista te ayudará, iqual que si he cometido una corrección incorrecta. Si quieres una explicación de una correccion o sugerencia, pídenosla.
Gracias!!

Thanks for the corrections I'm always confused about when to put "me/te" etc. on the end of the verb. I guess mastering things like that will come with lots of practice haha. Is it necessary to put el/la before nouns? My Spanish teachers never really stressed it as a necessity
Tomorrow my Spanish teacher expects us to speak 100% Spanish in the classroom. If we don't our participation grade is lowered So I'm kinda nervous haha. In my past Spanish classes we used little to no Spanish in class. Other than writing and memorizing skits which isn't really practicing conversational Spanish. So I'm very nervous about it
Old August 21, 2011, 07:37 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
The article (el/la) is used much more in Spanish than in English. It's a pitfall to look out for.
The pronouns are placed on the end of the noun when the imperative is used in the affirmative. They can also go on the end of the gerundio in the progressive tenses. For all other cases, the pronouns precede the verb (indirect object pronoun followed by direct object pronoun, if both are used).

Espero que aguantes el día de mañana (en la clase).
Old August 21, 2011, 11:41 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gracias!!

Thanks for the corrections I'm always confused about when to put "me/te" etc. on the end of the verb. I guess mastering things like that will come with lots of practice haha. Is it necessary to put el/la before nouns? My Spanish teachers never really stressed it as a necessity
Yes, at your level improvement comes with lots of practice, plus good coaching from your instructors. As Rusty said, definite articles are often used in contexts where we don't use them in English, although there are also a couple of contexts where we use definite articles in English were one doesn't use them in Spanish. Learning the fine points of using or not using each type of article is one of the topics that typically gets covered at your level of learning Spanish.

Quote:
Tomorrow my Spanish teacher expects us to speak 100% Spanish in the classroom. If we don't our participation grade is lowered So I'm kinda nervous haha. In my past Spanish classes we used little to no Spanish in class. Other than writing and memorizing skits which isn't really practicing conversational Spanish. So I'm very nervous about it
Well, if your first 3 years of high-school Spanish classes were anything like mine, then now is the time when the switch to all Spanish all the time in the classroom typically happens. What you probably need most right now is lots of practing in all skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) along with ongoing coaching in the finer points of grammar and style.
Old August 29, 2011, 06:36 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Bienvenida, Jennie

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: