Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Textbooks for Iberian Spanish?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old May 27, 2013, 02:38 AM
Opal

Robzilla is on a distinguished road
Textbooks for Iberian Spanish?

Hello,

Most of the popular Spanish textbooks these days seem to teach Mexican/Latin American Spanish. I live in Europe and I want to teach Iberian Spanish.

Could some of you please recommend some textbooks which teach Iberian Spanish, please?

I read online that "most old textbooks taught Iberian Spanish" but they didn't name the titles! I am interested in any textbooks for Iberian Spanish both old and new.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 27, 2013, 08:36 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Check Editorial Difusión and Edinumen.
Old May 27, 2013, 01:05 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzilla View Post
Hello,

Most of the popular Spanish textbooks these days seem to teach Mexican/Latin American Spanish. I live in Europe and I want to teach Iberian Spanish.

Could some of you please recommend some textbooks which teach Iberian Spanish, please?

I read online that "most old textbooks taught Iberian Spanish" but they didn't name the titles! I am interested in any textbooks for Iberian Spanish both old and new.
I taught high school Spanish in California. The book I used was mostly Latin American Spanish but it also had a chapter on Spanish from Spain. Can't remember the name of the book right now. I have the book some where and will try to find it. Years ago Spanish from Spain was the only Spanish taught in schools in the U.S. Made no sense because we border Mexico and most Spanish speakers we have are from Mexico and the ones that aren't from Mexico are from Central and South America not Spain. However the Spanish language is so similar everywhere it does not make much difference what book you use. I speak Italian and Spanish so for me the difference between Spanish from Spain and Mexico no es nada.

I had a Mexican friend for example, who told me that he didn't see any difference between the way Cubans and people from Spain speak. Relativamente I see his point. I speak and understand Cuban Spanish and when I watch Spanish movies I see/hear them saying the same modismos and profanity words that Mexican don't use but Cubans do use. Cuban food also has many Spain dishes that Mexicans don't have. Most Cubans are Spanish from Spain decent.

At any rate over the years I have bought many many used Spanish text books at used book stores
and garage sales etc. etc. This is one very good Spanish text book I have that teaches both Spanish
from Spain and Latin American Spanish:

ALM Spanish Level Two

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; May 27, 2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Removed superfluous formatting
Old May 30, 2013, 08:42 AM
Opal

Native Language: ingles
El Extranjero is on a distinguished road
Order a book from Madrid?
Old June 02, 2013, 06:57 AM
Opal

Robzilla is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
Check Editorial Difusión and Edinumen.
That was good advice. Thanks.