Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture

The Irish from Spain

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old June 21, 2014, 02:55 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Castillan spanish
explorator is on a distinguished road
What about Martin Sheen? His actual name is Ramón Estevez, and his father was from Galicia (the most Celtic place in Spain), while her mother was from Ireland. The political journalists in Spain constantly express their admiration for his acting in "The West Wing" tv series (I think he's probabli the actor the most times has played the role of the President of the United States).
Sometimes ago I saw him in a talk show at the Spanish television and he did not dare to say a word in Spanish. He came here with his son Emilio Estevez. They said they were considering the possibility of making a film about bullfighting, fortunately they didn't, it is a very complex issue, and even in Spain not many people properly understand it. Any way, a couple of years ago, I Knew Martin Sheen has been directed by his son Emilio in a film about the Santiago's Way, "The Way", wich has had very good reviews. This is a better theme, and I think it is an excelent homage to his galician origins.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: