Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Magazines in Spanish on political issues?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old May 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
Opal

Native Language: finlandés
perro zarrapastroso is on a distinguished road
Magazines in Spanish on political issues?

I learned to read French by reading Le Monde Diplomatique and now I would like to find some political magazines in Spanish.

There are probably many from which I could choose but I still ask if you could recommend me something...

Preferably they should be free but I might also be willing to pay something if I find some interesting magazine. Naturally, most of good magazines are not free.

It does not matter for me so much what is the political stance of the magazine but what matters is quality (by which I mean that there are well reasoned analysis and lots of relevant information on articles).

Also, I would like to read most of all about Latin American issues, though also other kind of social issues are fine, especially global economy and politics. However, the politics of Spain is not among my foremost interests.

I may also be interested in related websites. I already know rebelion.org (a radical leftist site which has lots of articles on world politics) but I might like to check out some others.

(Yes, Le Monde Diplomatique has Spanish edition but it has mostly translated articles so it is not very ideal choice.)

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
This is an interesting magazine that deals with many Latin-American issues, not only political:
Gatopardo

Here are also some Mexican newspapers online, but they are mostly focused on national issues:

El Universal
Excélsior
La Jornada
Reforma (This one requires paid subscription)

And this is a political Mexican magazine:
Proceso

I hope you'll find something interesting somewhere.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: