Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Viva México

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old September 16, 2010, 08:03 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Muy interesante...

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 16, 2010, 08:14 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Please note I wrote an oversimplification... for documents on Mexican history, you can visit the official Bicentenario website.
Old September 16, 2010, 08:24 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Yup! That is understood... (In many cases, too, history is always written from the viewpoint of those who won the final battles... so one has to be aware of the actual data, and the opinions... no matter who the historian is...)
Old September 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Hello.

Good Afternoon.

I have read the last post of Angelica, and I reminded that I have a electronic copy of that document in some hard disk in my office.

Well this is the story.

Around of 10 years ago, when I was in the high school, the history teacher asked us a document related of the history Mexico, and well just I had a friend in the city Mexico, when he was working was in the government as Data file, and well just he works was keep the old files in electronic in a computer, he was that scanning all the old file of the government and later keep them in the computer, then I talked with him, and I told him about my homework, well just I needed to get a A in the quiz, therefore, I asked him a great favour, an unforgettable favour for me, and just I asked him a copy of the document made in the end of the independence, and he wasn't gives me nothing, but with a coffee, he decided help me, he gave me the historical documents, the letter independence.

Then no ones knew about this, because he could has loss his job in that moment, well just only I used that document and it was in the school where I showed my homework and I got A for a excellent work.

Since then, I keep in some hard disk the copy, I don't remember exactly where is that.

But I will search it again.

I don't know if David can let me place the document here or perhaps I could have troubles for that document.

Last edited by CrOtALiTo; September 17, 2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 03:39 PM
Emerald

Native Language: spanish
lee ying is on a distinguished road
I think you can do it =) there´s not a rule to post homeworks =)
Old September 18, 2010, 05:42 PM
Diamond

Still I am searching between my tools.
Old September 19, 2010, 01:26 PM
Emerald

Native Language: spanish
lee ying is on a distinguished road
good ^_ ^
Old October 27, 2010, 06:30 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Castillan spanish
explorator is on a distinguished road
Fernando VII was the worst king we have ever had. His kingdom marks the end of our ancient power in the world and starts our actual discredit. He didn't know how to manage the chalenges of the American revolutions and the industrialization. Today's weak Spain was born then. From that disastrous days at the begining of the XIXth century, many people started to think that having spanish blood was no more an honour but a discredit and then they wanted to create their own countries for not to be called Spaniards anymore.

I'm sorry of my digression about the spanish decadence. By the way, do you learn in Mexico that the actual Mexico D.F. became into the wealthiest town in the western hemisphere under the Spanish oppression. Please don't take this as an offence, it is just the opposiste thing: if you were the richest then, you are able to be the richest now. From the botton of my heart: ¡Viva México!

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; October 27, 2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Old October 27, 2010, 08:00 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
No solo España. En el fin del siglo diecicoho hasta la primera querra mundial todos los grandes imperios perdieron sus colónias por la maladministración y gula de la madrepatria. Ahora la fuerza imperial existe pero en una forma más cultural y económica que monarquial y de la política.

A proposito, hoy mismo DF tiene riquesa. Un tercio de esa ciudad está bien forada (casi la poblacion de Madrid). Lamentablamente los otros dos tercios viven en pobresa.
Old October 27, 2010, 01:35 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorator View Post
Fernando VII was the worst king we have ever had. His kingdom marks the end of our ancient power in the world and starts our actual discredit. He didn't know how to manage the chalenges of the American revolutions and the industrialization. Today's weak Spain was born then. From that disastrous days at the begining of the XIXth century, many people started to think that having spanish blood was no more an honour but a discredit and then they wanted to create their own countries for not to be called Spaniards anymore.

I'm sorry of my digression about the spanish decadence. By the way, do you learn in Mexico that the actual Mexico D.F. became into the wealthiest town in the western hemisphere under the Spanish oppression. Please don't take this as an offence, it is just the opposiste thing: if you were the richest then, you are able to be the richest now. From the botton of my heart: ¡Viva México!
Your commentary doesn't offending me, to the contrary that's help me to learn more about the past of my country.

Therefore, I believe necessary to write more consecutively in the forums about the decadence of our country in past time.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: