Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations


Bolero

 

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 05, 2010, 05:12 PM
ROBINDESBOIS's Avatar
ROBINDESBOIS ROBINDESBOIS is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,884
ROBINDESBOIS is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bolero

CAn anybody translate this beautiful bolero:
Por acariciar tu piel bronceada me muero me muero
por poderte amar esta madrugada me muero me muero
por desabrochar tus ropas modernas me muero me muero
por apaciguar mis ansias internas me muero me muero
por alborotar tu pelo negro
entre mis sábanas calientes
y beber el dulce y el amargo de tus labios impacientes
por cabalgar vientre con vientre
igual que antes y que el día nos encuentre
en un abrazo de amantes
por entregarte todas mis cosas y en tí
sembrar todas mis rosas
por adorarte como yo quiero
ay me muero me muero
por alborotar tu pelo negro
entre mis sabanas calientes ......

If sb is intersted in listening to it, go to youtube the artist is Olga Guillot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VyzC_-kcsI
...................

Last edited by ROBINDESBOIS; March 05, 2010 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old March 05, 2010, 07:30 PM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is offline
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 10,546
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
I'm dying, dying ...
to caress your sunkissed skin,
to be able to love you at daybreak,
to loosen your fashionable wrappings,
to calm my deep yearnings,
to mess up your hair between my hot sheets
and to drink the sweetness and bitterness from your impatient lips
(uh, you know the rest )
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 06, 2010, 01:56 AM
ROBINDESBOIS's Avatar
ROBINDESBOIS ROBINDESBOIS is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,884
ROBINDESBOIS is on a distinguished road
Did you hear it? Did you like it?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 06, 2010, 02:20 AM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
I did, and I liked it a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 06, 2010, 10:11 AM
bobjenkins's Avatar
bobjenkins bobjenkins is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: España próximamente??
Posts: 2,923
Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I'm dying, dying ...
to caress your sunkissed skin,
to be able to love you at daybreak,
to loosen your fashionable wrappings,
to calm my deep yearnings,
to mess up your hair between my hot sheets
and to drink the sweetness and bitterness from your impatient lips
(uh, you know the rest )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
CAn anybody translate this beautiful bolero:
Por acariciar tu piel bronceada me muero me muero
por poderte amar esta madrugada me muero me muero
por desabrochar tus ropas modernas me muero me muero
por apaciguar mis ansias internas me muero me muero
por alborotar tu pelo negro
entre mis sábanas calientes
y beber el dulce y el amargo de tus labios impacientes
por cabalgar vientre con vientre
igual que antes y que el día nos encuentre
en un abrazo de amantes
por entregarte todas mis cosas y en tí
sembrar todas mis rosas
por adorarte como yo quiero
ay me muero me muero
por alborotar tu pelo negro
entre mis sabanas calientes ......

If sb is intersted in listening to it, go to youtube the artist is Olga Guillot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VyzC_-kcsI
...................
Tengo una pregunta sobre eso,

por poderte amar esta madrugada me muero me muero
To be able to love you this early morning (específicamente esa madrugada
o
To be able to love you at daybreak (en general)

El bolero es muy dulce
__________________
"There´s always money in the banana stand michael!"
--george bluthe sir
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 06, 2010, 10:39 AM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is offline
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 10,546
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
First of all, remember that songs are never translated word for word. There's a feeling to the song that must be translated, not just the lyrics. The feeling is often lost in the translation.

literally: esta madrugada = this dawn or this daybreak (at the break of day this morning)

You could substitute 'this morning at the break of day' ('at today's first light', etc.), but the feeling I got from the song wasn't expressing "today's dawning" to me. So, I threw out the demonstrative pronoun and used 'at daybreak'. That can mean today's daybreak, as well as tomorrow's. The overall song is talking about what she is dying to do (in the near future), not something she has already done. The expediency of the song would rule out 'in general'. It could only mean 'first thing tomorrow morning, at daybreak'.

Last edited by Rusty; March 06, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 06, 2010, 10:43 AM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
por poderte amar esta madrugada me muero me muero
To be able to love you this early morning (específicamente esa madrugada
o
To be able to love you at daybreak (en general)
It's got to be this morning, surely. She sounds impatient enough.

Edit: oops, sorry, cross-posting
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 06, 2010, 10:58 AM
bobjenkins's Avatar
bobjenkins bobjenkins is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: España próximamente??
Posts: 2,923
Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perikles View Post
It's got to be this morning, surely. She sounds impatient enough.

Edit: oops, sorry, cross-posting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
First of all, remember that songs are never translated word for word. There's a feeling to the song that must be translated, not just the lyrics. The feeling is often lost in the translation.

literally: esta madrugada = this dawn or this daybreak (at the break of day this morning)

You could substitute 'this morning at the break of day' ('at today's first light', etc.), but the feeling I got from the song wasn't expressing "today's dawning" to me. So, I threw out the demonstrative pronoun and used 'at daybreak'. That can mean today's daybreak, as well as tomorrow's. The overall song is talking about what she is dying to do (in the near future), not something she has already done. The expediency of the song would rule out 'in general'. It could only mean 'first thing tomorrow morning, at daybreak'.
Gracias Rusty, it´s the feeling that must be translated as you said
__________________
"There´s always money in the banana stand michael!"
--george bluthe sir
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 10, 2010, 02:45 AM
explorator's Avatar
explorator explorator is offline
Pearl
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 140
Native Language: Castillan spanish
explorator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
CAn anybody translate this beautiful bolero:
Por acariciar tu piel bronceada me muero me muero
por poderte amar esta madrugada me muero me muero
por desabrochar tus ropas modernas me muero me muero
por apaciguar mis ansias internas me muero me muero
por alborotar tu pelo negro
entre mis sábanas calientes
y beber el dulce y el amargo de tus labios impacientes
por cabalgar vientre con vientre
igual que antes y que el día nos encuentre
en un abrazo de amantes
por entregarte todas mis cosas y en tí
sembrar todas mis rosas
por adorarte como yo quiero
ay me muero me muero
por alborotar tu pelo negro
entre mis sabanas calientes ......

If sb is intersted in listening to it, go to youtube the artist is Olga Guillot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VyzC_-kcsI
...................
This is a song written for cabarets, and some conservative readers may take offence of it. As I'm not a native english speaker and I do not know the cultural average tolerance about sex I make this remmark in order to warn them. Anyway the lyrics are written in a very cult level of spanish and we could say that it is more an erotic than pornographic song

For caressing your tanned skin I'm dying I'm dying
For loving you this dawn I'm dying I'm dying
For unfastening your modern!? clothes I'm dying I'm dying
For pacifying my inner anxiety I'm dying I'm dying
For stiring up your black hair I'm dying I'm dying
Between your warm sheeds
And drinking the bitter-sweet of your unpatient lips
For riding belly to belly
Like berore and the day to find us
In a lovers hug to give you all what is mine
And in you sowing all my roses
For adorating you as I desire
Ah I'm dying I'm dying
For stiring up your black hair
between my warm sheeds
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark this thread at:

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X