Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

How to ask questions(in Spanglish)

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old November 02, 2008, 01:06 AM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Suavemente is on a distinguished road
How to ask questions(in Spanglish)

He lo más problemas asking preguntas en español. Sé que tu vocal tono y contexto ha mucho hacerlo con lo, pero continúo tener problemas, tan necesito ayuda, mal..........(I have the most problems asking questions in Spanish. I know vocal tone and context has a lot to do with it, but I continue to have problems, so I need help, badly.)

Por ejemplo........ ¿Te ayuda puedo?..... ¿Es esto correcto?

Todo ayuda será grande apreciado........(All help will be greatly appreciated..........)

Last edited by Suavemente; November 02, 2008 at 01:17 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 02, 2008, 01:20 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavemente View Post
He lo más problemas asking preguntas en español. Sé que tu vocal tono y contexto ha mucho hacerlo con lo, pero continúo tener problemas, tan necesito ayuda, mal..........

Todo ayuda será grande apreciado........
I will correct you

Tengo problemas con las preguntas en español, se que la vocal y el contexto tengo que escribirlo usando ¿Te puedo ayudar? , pero ayudenme continuo teniendo problemas, necesito ayuda.

Como puedo usar la frase. ¿Te puedo ayudar?

If you want to say something please you must to write both text in Spanish and English, because I don't understand you as well, then if I make up it please, you apologize me.
Old November 02, 2008, 03:33 AM
Pearl

Suavemente is on a distinguished road
¿No es un acento(é) on "se"? Tambien necesito saber por qué "pero continúo tener problemas, tan necesito ayuda, mal" es no correcto
Old November 02, 2008, 08:35 AM
Señor Speedy

Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavemente View Post
He lo más problemas asking preguntas en español. Sé que tu vocal tono y contexto ha mucho hacerlo con lo, pero continúo tener problemas, tan necesito ayuda, mal..........(I have the most problems asking questions in Spanish. I know vocal tone and context has a lot to do with it, but I continue to have problems, so I need help, badly.)

Todo ayuda será grande apreciado........(All help will be greatly appreciated..........)
Suavemente,

I congratulate you on trying to use Spanish in your post, because I can see you are learning and exerting yourself.
Let me try to dispell some of the mystery in forming a question.

First, state the question (make it so it isn't a question in form) in English. For example:
I can help you.
=Puedo ayudarte.
(To be able to help is a special case where the first verb 'introduces' the next. In this case, only the first is conjugated, in both languages! So, ayudar stays in its infinitive form. When an infinitive takes a pronoun (to help you), the pronoun is suffixed to the infinitive. In this special case, it can also precede both verbs: Te puedo ayudar.)
Now, to form a question, all you have to do is enclose the statement with the set of question marks:
¿Puedo ayudarte?
¿Te puedo ayudar?
When speaking, adjust your tone to make it sound like a question.
That's all there is to it.

Let's see this concept in action with other examples.

You want an apple. (statement)
= Quieres una manzana.
Do you want an apple? (question)
= ¿Quieres una manzana?

You go to work. (statement, not a command)
=Vas al trabajo.
Are you going to work. (question)
=¿Vas al trabajo?

I give you a book. (statement)
=Te doy un libro.
Am I giving you a book?
=¿Te doy un libro?

Easy as pie!

If you're negating the action, the word no always precedes the verb (and any pronoun).

~~~

Now, to address other concerns. You've noticed, I'm sure, that there is often more than one translation given in your dictionary for a particular word. This is because there is often more than one meaning assigned to the English word, or there is more than one way to say the word in Spanish. Both English and Spanish have words that mean more than one thing. So, our somewhat daunting task is to learn what part of speech each English word has, and then look for the equivalent part of speech in Spanish.
For example, your first word he is the conjugated 1st person singular form of the verb haber. However, a dictionary should list haber as an auxiliary verb. Therefore, its most frequent use is to help form the compound verbs, as in I have seen. It doesn't mean to possess, which is another way to say to have. For that verb, the Spanish equivalent is tener. This is why Crotalito changed the first word to tengo, the 1st person singular conjugation of tener.
Crotalito went on with a simple statement - I have problems with questions - instead of trying to come up with a suitable translation of 'the most problems asking'. I recommend that approach!! Keep it simple.

hacer preguntas = to ask questions
Yes, is written with an accent.
tono vocal = vocal tone (also note that vocal is the word for vowel)
tener mucho que ver con ... (él) = to have a lot to do with ... (it) (idiomatic expression, in both languages - you'll need to memorize the Spanish equivalent)
continuar teniendo = to continue to have (having)
así que = so (when opening a sentence that finishes an idea), as in:
So, I need help. (Así que necesito ayuda.)
mucho = a lot/badly (Así que necesito mucha ayuda.)
no es correcto = It isn't correct
¿No es correcto? = Isn't it correct?
Se les agradezco mucho cualquier ayuda.
= All (Any) help will be greatly appreciated.

Hope that helped.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: