Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Tips for remembering vocabulary

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old November 21, 2008, 06:06 AM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
you can practice it with your friends
you can also make notecards - cards for definition and cards for the vocab. Then you can play a game and match them.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 21, 2008, 07:17 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Yes, you can to practice with your friends, or you also can to practice with people speaker native Spanish, I feel that is more effective if you practice with people of Mexico or Spain, good, I wish you the best in your learning.
Old November 23, 2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Yes, you can to practice with your friends, or you also can to practice with people speaker native Spanish, I feel that is more effective if you practice with people of Mexico or Spain, good, I wish you the best in your learning.
Correct way: Yes, you can practice it with your friends, or you can practice it with native speakers of Spanish. I feel that it is more effective if you practice with people of Mexico or Spain. I wish you the best in your learning.
overall very good! Not many mistakes
Old November 23, 2008, 01:56 PM
Diamond

Yeah.
Old November 27, 2008, 02:56 PM

also you can do this - make some notecards with the vocabulary word on the front and definiton and/or translation in English and/or Spanish on the back. When you write down all the words, you can play a game. you can either do it yourself, or have a friend or family member do it. Here's how:
You, a friend, or family member take a card from the pile. Ask what is the translation in English and/or Spanish of the word and/or the definition. If you get it right, put the card in one pile. If wrong, put it in another.
Do you understand? Good luck with remembering your new vocab!
Old February 02, 2009, 08:48 PM
Opal

Native Language: Canadian English
Zsilo is on a distinguished road
To help me out with learning vocabulary in Spanish I bought an activity book with rather basic translation activities. I generally photocopy some pages out of this book and give a friend of family member 5-6 copies of the same page and tell them to readminister this activity sheet at random intervals and at random times so I can become familiar with the vocab and make sure I remember the vocab so I don't screw up on an activity sheet. I currently have very limited Spanish vocab but this strategy was quite helpful for me when I learned French. (Je suis billangue maintenant ^.^)
Old February 02, 2009, 10:01 PM
Diamond

I recommend you, if you can chat with someone at the internet, I tell you, because I have learnt so much with my friends here at this forum.
Old February 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
Ruby

Zwarte Piet is on a distinguished road
The best way for me is to use the words in sentences, or just as much as you can. I've been on this forum for a few days now and can say that I've already learned many new words and sayings. I will remember them because I use them when I am in my spanish class in school.
Old February 14, 2009, 08:25 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwarte Piet View Post
The best way for me is to use the words in sentences, or just as much as you can. I've been on this forum for a few days now and can say that I've already learned many new words and sayings. I will remember them because I use them when I am in my spanish class in school.
To me, is to copy a book by hand in the language of choice. As you do it, translate it too. I can assure you that by the end of the book you'll know what you are reading, writing and talking about. :-)

But. It has to be a book (theme) that you really like. If you already read a book that you really, reeeeaaally loved, then look for it in Spanish, and start doing.

Hernan
Old February 25, 2009, 09:51 AM
Ruby

Native Language: U.S. English
AutumnBreeze is on a distinguished road
Ooh, excellent thread! I just got so many great ideas to fight stagnation and boredom with my learning tools of choice. ¡Muchos gracias todos!

Tags
memoria, memory, mindmap, mnemonics, vocabulario, vocabulary, wordweb

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: