Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Please help me with my Spanish Homework.

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old March 24, 2019, 03:26 AM
Opal

nikitad5 is on a distinguished road
Please help me with the Verbs

I am a beginner in learning Spanish. I need to complete an assignment in Spanish and I am stuck on one question. Please help me fill the correct option in the blanks before brackets. Explanation will be appreciated.

1. Completar el siguiente texto con los verbos que están entre paréntesis.

Sergio _________ (ser) francés y __________ (estudiar) en la Escuela de Artes que _________ (estar) en Berlín. ________ (Tener) veinte años y le ________ (gustar) los idiomas. Los lunes y miércoles _________ (levantarse) a las siete de la mañana porque a las ocho ________ (empezar) las clases y no ________(vivir) cerca de la escuela. Los martes y jueves las clases __________(comenzar) más tarde y _________(terminar) a las cinco de la tarde.
El viernes por la tarde _______ (irse) a Múnich y ______ (pasar) el fin de semana en la casa de sus amigos. _______ (Hacer) un poco de deporte. Generalmente ________ (comer) en la cafetería pero a veces ________ (traer) a la escuela algunos bocadillos de queso y jamón. ________
(Divertirse) cuando ________ (jugar) a las cartas y ______ (ver) películas en el cine. Normalmente ______ (tomar) un café con su novia Luisa que también ________ (estudiar) en la misma escuela, pero ella no _________ (aprender) español sino ruso.

Last edited by nikitad5; March 24, 2019 at 05:36 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 24, 2019, 04:53 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
We won't do your homework for you!
Please post once again with all of the blanks filled in, doing your best work.
We can then provide guidance to help you get everything right.
Old March 24, 2019, 05:32 AM
Opal

Ok. I'm trying

Last edited by nikitad5; March 24, 2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old March 24, 2019, 05:59 AM
Señor Speedy

Our site provides you with the conjugations you'll need.
Up at the very top of the screen, on the left-hand side is an input box that contains the word 'Search'. To its right, 'Dictionary' appears in the drop-down box. Change that to read 'Conjugations'.
Then type in the verb (the unconjugated form (infinitive) listed in each set of parentheses in the assignment) in the Search bar and press enter.
For 'ser', the present indicative tense conjugations are:

Singular Person  Sing. Conj.  Plural Person  Plural Conj. 
 yo  soy  nosotros  somos 
 tú  eres  vosotros  sois 
 usted, él, ella  es  ustedes, ellos, ellas  son 

Looking at your first blank, the verb follows 'Sergio'. He (él) is a singular third person, so the conjugated verb you should pick from the table comes from the third row, in the 'Sing. Conj.' column.
Repeat this exercise for each blank in your assignment, determining what person to use in each case for each verb.

Last edited by Rusty; April 04, 2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: edited because the OP edited her post
Old March 24, 2019, 07:01 AM
Opal

Thank You. I tried. Please check and correct if I am wrong. Answers are marked in red.

Sergio _____es____ (ser) francés y ______estudia____ (estudiar) en la Escuela de Artes que ___esta______ (estar) en Berlín. ___tiene_____ (Tener) veinte años y le __gustos______ (gustar) los idiomas. Los lunes y miércoles _____ levanta____ (levantarse) a las siete de la mañana porque a las ocho _____empezar__ (empezar) las clases y no __vivir______(vivir) cerca de la escuela. Los martes y jueves las clases _comienzan_________(comenzar) más tarde y _____termina____(terminar) a las cinco de la tarde.

El viernes por la tarde __se va_____ (irse) a Múnich y __pasar___ (pasar) el fin de semana en la casa de sus amigos. ___hace____ (Hacer) un poco de deporte. Generalmente ___come_____ (comer) en la cafetería pero a veces _____trae___ (traer) a la escuela algunos bocadillos de queso y jamón.

__divierte______ (Divertirse) cuando ____jugo____ (jugar) a las cartas y ___ve___ (ver) películas en el cine. Normalmente ___toma___ (tomar) un café con su novia Luisa que también __estudios______ (estudiar) en la misma escuela, pero ella no __aprenda_______ (aprender) español sino ruso.
Old March 24, 2019, 12:23 PM
Señor Speedy

Very good try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitad5 View Post
Sergio es francés y estudia en la Escuela de Artes que esta en Berlín.
The only problem above is spelling (the marked vowel needs an accent mark to make the spelling correct).
tiene veinte años y le gustos los idiomas.
The sentence needs to begin with a capital letter. The verb gustar needs to be conjugated correctly. Since the subject of that clause is plural, and it's a reference to something, you'll need to choose the third-person plural ending.
Los lunes y miércoles __ levanta a las siete de la mañana porque a las ocho empezar las clases y no vivir cerca de la escuela.
The first verb 'levantarse' (in its infinitive form) ends in 'se'. This indicates that the verb is pronominal. The suffixed pronoun 'se' is our clue that a 'reflexive' pronoun should figure in the conjugation. Using the same conjugation method I taught you in my previous post, enter 'levantarse' as the verb you want conjugated. When the conjugation list appears, the 'reflexive' pronoun that goes with the third-person singular form appears after the 'subject' pronouns, just prior to the verb (usted, él, ella se). So, place the 'reflexive' pronoun 'se' prior to 'levanta'. By the way, you correctly performed this exercise for the pronominal verb 'irse' that appears in the next paragraph.
The next verb needs conjugated. It is a stem-changing verb (that why I marked the 'e' in the stem) and you'll need to choose the correct ending.
The last verb needs conjugated.
Los martes y jueves las clases comienzan más tarde y termina_ a las cinco de la tarde.
Both verbs share the same subject, so the verb endings should agree.

El viernes por la tarde se va a Múnich y pasar el fin de semana en la casa de sus amigos.
Conjugate the verb, which has the same subject as the first verb.
hace un poco de deporte.
Begin the sentence with a capital letter.
Generalmente come en la cafetería pero a veces trae a la escuela algunos bocadillos de queso y jamón.

__ divierte cuando jugo a las cartas y ve películas en el cine.
The verb is pronominal. Place the 'reflexive' pronoun prior to the verb (and capitalize it, since it's the first word of the sentence).
Normalmente toma un café con su novia Luisa que también estudios en la misma escuela, pero ella no aprenda español sino ruso.
Fix the endings.
Old March 24, 2019, 01:38 PM
Opal

Thank You very much.
Old March 24, 2019, 06:21 PM
Señor Speedy

Glad to have been of some help.
Old March 31, 2019, 04:47 AM
Opal

philipgoetz is on a distinguished road
this thread is great

I like your "give it your best try first" advice.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: