#1  
Old March 01, 2009, 01:28 AM
Nico Nico is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oxford, Ohio
Posts: 41
Native Language: English
Nico is on a distinguished road
Que onda? Acabo de inscribirme!

Que onda!? Me llamo Nick y soy un estudiante universitario. Bueno, cambiare de idioma. I'm a Spanish Education major, and I'm a senior. I just studied abroad in Merida, Mexico for a semester, hence the "que onda?" It was an amazing experience and changed my life forever. I have a Mexican girlfriend, and speak Spanish daily. Next semester I am going to student teach (obviously teaching Spanish). I feel that I can help a bit on the forums with some of the questions being asked. Ta biem. Saludos
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old March 01, 2009, 05:57 AM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is offline
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 10,623
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
¡Bienvenido a los foros, Nick!


In case you were wondering, there's a pull-down 'Accents' menu that provides all the special characters you'll need to write in Spanish.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 01, 2009, 08:45 AM
Sancho Panther's Avatar
Sancho Panther Sancho Panther is offline
Pearl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Reino Unido
Posts: 490
Native Language: Inglés
Sancho Panther is on a distinguished road
Welcome to these pages, Nico! I'm a new boy myself, and I find Tomísimo to be fantastic resource - a real help. All my Spanish is European so I'm curious to know what «¿Qué onda?» means, do please enlighten me!

Last edited by Sancho Panther; March 01, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 01, 2009, 08:48 AM
Jessica's Avatar
Jessica Jessica is offline
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,187
Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
welcome!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 01, 2009, 09:06 AM
lee ying's Avatar
lee ying lee ying is offline
Emerald
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mexico city
Posts: 627
Native Language: spanish
lee ying is on a distinguished road
Bienvenu!!!! Welcome!!! Bienvenido!!!.
Enjoy your stay on tomisimo!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 01, 2009, 09:55 AM
CrOtALiTo's Avatar
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 11,680
Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I bid you welcome Nico.

Just I'm Mexican. I never going to study abroad. But just I like your native language. as you have said hence at the website I have learnt much the language. I haven't problem with it. But I'd like to learn more the language. well if you need help with your Spanish. I tell you feeling free to ask us.
__________________
We are building the most important dare for my life and my family feature now we are installing new services in telecoms.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 01, 2009, 10:10 AM
Nico Nico is offline
Ruby
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oxford, Ohio
Posts: 41
Native Language: English
Nico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho Panther View Post
Welcome to these pages, Nico! I'm a new boy myself, and I find Tomísimo to be fantastic resource - a real help. All my Spanish is European so I'm curious to know what «¿Qué onda?» means, do please enlighten me!
Bueno, "¿qué onda?" básicamente quiere decir "¿qué pasa?" o "¿qué hay de nuevo?" Se la utiliza con mucha frecuencia en México. De hecho, la palabra "onda" se usa mucho. Por ejemplo, se escuchará "¡Qué buena onda!" La cual quiere decir "What a good person!" (if you're talking about a person) or "How nice" (if you're talking about an event, etc). Además, en vez de coquetear, se "tira la onda." Jajaja, bueno obvio mientras estar al extranjero, adquirí muchos modismos. A lo mejor Crotalito conozca más frases con la palabra "onda."

Por cierto, gracias por la pista, Rusty!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 01, 2009, 10:16 AM
CrOtALiTo's Avatar
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 11,680
Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Bueno, "¿qué onda?" básicamente quiere decir "¿qué pasa?" o "¿qué hay de nuevo?" Se la utiliza con mucha frecuencia en México. De hecho, la palabra "onda" se usa mucho. Por ejemplo, se escuchará "¡Qué buena onda!" La cual quiere decir "What a good person!" (if you're talking about a person) or "How nice" (if you're talking about an event, etc). Además, en vez de coquetear, a veces se dice "tirar la onda." Jajaja, bueno obvio mientras estar al extranjero, adquirí muchos modismos. A lo mejor Crotalito conozca más frases con la palabra "onda."

Por cierto, gracias por la pista, Rusty!
I agree with you. The word Que onda or Que hay de nuevo is most used between the Mexican people. You expression is right.

These words are native from Mexico.

Que onda. What's up

Que hay de nuevo.

Que Hongo.

Que ondiux.

Orale.

Que onda compadre.

There are exit more words with the word Wave.
__________________
We are building the most important dare for my life and my family feature now we are installing new services in telecoms.

Last edited by Rusty; March 01, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 01, 2009, 10:53 AM
Sancho Panther's Avatar
Sancho Panther Sancho Panther is offline
Pearl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Reino Unido
Posts: 490
Native Language: Inglés
Sancho Panther is on a distinguished road
¡Gracias - pero lo entendí la primera vez!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 01, 2009, 10:53 AM
chileno's Avatar
chileno chileno is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, USA
Posts: 7,863
Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Que onda!? Me llamo Nick y soy un estudiante universitario. Bueno, cambiare de idioma. I'm a Spanish Education major, and I'm a senior. I just studied abroad in Merida, Mexico for a semester, hence the "que onda?" It was an amazing experience and changed my life forever. I have a Mexican girlfriend, and speak Spanish daily. Next semester I am going to student teach (obviously teaching Spanish). I feel that I can help a bit on the forums with some of the questions being asked. Ta biem. Saludos
Quiubo Nico. Espero que lo pases muy bien por aca.

Hernan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark this thread at:

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X