Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Other Languages > Other Languages
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Portuguese

Being the language lovers that we are... A place to talk about, or write in languages other than Spanish and English.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Swiss German
zuma022 is on a distinguished road
I know you never really finish learning, but I guess what I'm mostly wondering is when is a good time to start studying a similar language. It seems that most people learn one after the other. So at what point can you say, I'm solid in this language, let's try the next. At the end of the day, I suppose there's only one way, try and see how it goes. Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't think think that a native speaker would end up with confusing similar languages, or at least it never happened to me when I studied a bit of Dutch, but with two foreign languages that are similar to each other, it seems like a real danger.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: