Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

CV Objective translation help

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old December 30, 2011, 07:39 AM
Opal

Deibi12 is on a distinguished road
Post CV Objective translation help

hi I'm Spanish this is my first post in this forum, I decided to choose this website because most of you are native English speaker so I want my interpretation sound very original I mean native, is about an objective for a CV to apply in a call center so if you want to add more that's ok. hear is my intent.

Objetivo: Además de ofrecer mis servicios, mi objetivo en esta empresa será esforzarme por dar lo máximo que pueda (ya sea ofreciendo mis servicios en español o en ingles) para ser considerado como lo que soy, una persona responsables y trabajadora que piensa en obtener mejores caminos en el futuro.

Apart from offering my services, my goal in this company is to work the best I can (offering my services in either spanish or English) to be considerate as I am, a person responsable and hard-worker that always thinks of improving his acquired knowledge to obtain the path to a brighter future.

thanks all if anybody want to practice this is my Skype: Deibi12

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 30, 2011, 07:58 AM
Pearl

Native Language: English
caliber1 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deibi12 View Post
hi I'm Spanish this is my first post in this forum, I decided to choose this website because most of you are native English speaker so I want my interpretation sound very original I mean native, is about an objective for a CV to apply in a call center so if you want to add more that's ok. hear is my intent.

Objetivo: Además de ofrecer mis servicios, mi objetivo en esta empresa será esforzarme por dar lo máximo que pueda (ya sea ofreciendo mis servicios en español o en ingles) para ser considerado como lo que soy, una persona responsables y trabajadora que piensa en obtener mejores caminos en el futuro.

Apart from offering my services, my goal in this company is to work the best I can (offering my services in either spanish or English) to be considerate as I am, a person responsable and hard-worker that always thinks of improving his acquired knowledge to obtain the path to a brighter future.
a
thanks all if anybody want to practice this is my Skype: Deibi12

. . .to work the best I can (offering my services in either Spanish or English), to be considerate as I am, and to be a responsible and hardworking person who/that (who is correct, but I think it is more common to hear "that") always thinks of improving his acquired knowledge to obtain a path to a brighter future.

I'd hire you
Old December 30, 2011, 10:03 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Hi, I'm Spanish. This is my first post in this forum. I decided to choose this website because most of you are native English speakers, so I want my translation to sound very original, I mean native. This is about an objective for a CV. I'm applying to work in a call center, so if you want to add more, that's ok. Here is my attempt.

Objetivo: Además de ofrecer mis servicios, mi objetivo en esta empresa será esforzarme por dar lo máximo que pueda (ya sea ofreciendo mis servicios en español o en inglés) para ser considerado como lo que soy, una persona responsables y trabajadora que piensa en obtener mejores caminos en el futuro.

Objective: Apart from offering my services, my goal in this company will/would be to push myself to give the most/work the best I can (offering my services in either Spanish or English) in order to be considered as I am, a responsible and hardworking person responsable and hard-worker who always thinks about improving his acquired knowledge to (this isn't in the original version) obtaining the path to a brighter future.

Thanks, all. If anybody wants to practice, this is my Skype: Deibi12
Corrections given above. I left 'a brighter future' at the end because it sounds better than the translation of 'mejores caminos en el futuro'.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Last edited by Rusty; January 06, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old January 04, 2012, 01:49 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
lukewink is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Apart from offering my services, my goal in this company is to work to the best of my abilities by (offering my services in either Spanish or English). to be considerate as I am, a person I am a responsible and hard (remove the hyphen) worker that who always thinks of improving his acquired of looks for ways to enhance my knowledge to obtain the path to a brighter future.
Added my suggestions in the above quote. I removed the parenthesis around "offering my services..." if it's not clear from the strike through.

You may want to consider removing the "obtain a brighter future" entirely, because it sounds a little over-the-top. You could just end the sentence after the word, "knowledge".
Old January 05, 2012, 09:03 AM
Opal

Gracias a todo por sus ayuda

Hola compañeros, feliz año nuevo! ¿Que opina sobre está?

Apart from being able to offer my services in either Spanish or English, my objective is to work to the best of my ability. I believe that I should be considered for this position because I am not only a responsible hard-worker but I also am able to think outside the box when it comes to improving things and aquiring knowledge for the near future.

Last edited by Rusty; January 05, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: merged back-to-back posts
Old January 05, 2012, 09:39 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hola compañeros, feliz año nuevo! ¿Que opina sobre está?

Apart from being able to offer my services in either Spanish or English, my objective is to work to the best of my ability. I believe that I should be considered for this position because I am not only a responsible hard-worker but I also am able to think outside the box when it comes to improving things and aquiring acquiring knowledge for the near future.
to offer my services in either Spanish or English is correct, but I would say
to offer my services in both Spanish and English.
Old January 05, 2012, 11:03 AM
Señor Speedy

You can't be a 'hard-worker'. That's not a word. You can be a 'hard worker'. If you want two adjectives in front of 'worker', there must be a comma in between them.
Also, you can be a 'responsible, hardworking person', which was already given as a correction, or a 'responsible person that works hard' or a 'responsible person that is hardworking'. All these mean the same thing.

Last edited by Rusty; January 06, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old January 05, 2012, 05:43 PM
Opal

Ok ustedes me han sido de mucho ayuda, gracias. so like this is right:

Apart from being able to offer my services in both Spanish and English, my objective is to work to the best of my ability. I believe that I should be considered for this position because I am not only a responsible, hard-working person but I am also able to think outside the box when it comes to improving things and acquiring knowledge for the near future.
Old January 05, 2012, 06:32 PM
Señor Speedy

Looks good!
Old January 06, 2012, 07:21 AM
Opal

ok now I'm going to post the full cv. thanks for your help

http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthrea...417#post120417

Last edited by Deibi12; January 06, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Tags
from spanish to english

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: